PS3 F@H WU stats not credited?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Drugless

PS3 F@H WU stats not credited?

Post by Drugless »

Hi,
Any help would be great!
I'm fairly new to folding but getting rather addicted! ;-)
I had a issue today.
I returned home this evening to find my router had decided to loose it config therefore my 4 PS3's were all sitting on completed but not sent WU's BUT with the screen that says something to the effect of ' no network connection available'

I quit F@H on each PS3 unit and shutdown each one before fixing the problem with my router.
Once fixed I started up each PS3, and started F@H. Each one took slightly longer to display but I suspected it due to the sending of the completed WU's and receiving next WU as immediately once loaded they each started folding.

Problem is that none (I think) of these 4 WU's have been reflected on my stats on the web therefore did the WU not upload?
The Team Members in question are Drugless, Drugless2, Drugless3 an Drugless4.

What did I do wrong? I am pretty sure I have had this situation before (router was turned off) and the PS3 (once reconnected) still sent the WU through.

See stats below:

Date of last work unit 2008-01-09 09:07:21
Active CPUs within 50 days 9
Team Id 101316
Grand Score 15674 (certificate)
Work Unit Count 47 (certificate)
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 14618 of 96605
Home Page http://www.myteam.com/

Team members
Rank
(within team) User Score WU
1 Drugless2 4915 15
2 Drugless 4584 14
3 Drugless3 4433 13
4 Drugless4 725 2
5 DruglessNB 517 2
6 DruglessPC 500 1
7 DruglessPC5 0 0
8 DruglessPC4 0 0
9 DruglessPC3 0 0
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: PS3 F@H WU stats not credited?

Post by toTOW »

Do you know that you can use all your machine under a unique Username :?: :roll:

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Drugless wrote:...

I quit F@H on each PS3 unit and shutdown each one before fixing the problem with my router.
Once fixed I started up each PS3, and started F@H. Each one took slightly longer to display but I suspected it due to the sending of the completed WU's and receiving next WU as immediately once loaded they each started folding.
D, D2, and D4 were all credited with a PS3 WU this morning at around 9 this morning, An example, D4 sent one on 2008-01-09 09:05:11 - Project 3412 (R3 C435 G29).

Is it possible that you have too many systems to track when they are spread over so many different user names?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Drugless

Post by Drugless »

Many thanks for your feedback. I may have checked stats a little too quickly.
As far as the different user names are concerned, I intentionally did this so I could track which units were productive as if I allocated all to same user name I would not know which had a problem.The Kakao stats facility is nice since I check the hourly details to monitor this although also confuses the issue because they are obviously not as updated as F@H stats site.

I am already out of sync on the PS3's where on some the completed WU's are higher on the screen than the stats on the web. I thought it may just be update timing on the web stats but when I have stopped the folding for a while and checked much later there was still a difference. These differences I accounted for by power failures at a critical point. Unfortunately my country is going through a "Load Shedding" process therefore we have no power at different times of the day. I need to get some UPS units in place to resolve this as it is a pain to loose WU's. Kinda like getting a speeding fine on the way to a meeting and still arriving late! Waste. hehe.
Many thanks
Will keep the folding!
This is ADDICTIVE!
bruce

Post by bruce »

Drugless wrote:I am already out of sync on the PS3's where on some the completed WU's are higher on the screen than the stats on the web. I thought it may just be update timing on the web stats but when I have stopped the folding for a while and checked much later there was still a difference. These differences I accounted for by power failures at a critical point. Unfortunately my country is going through a "Load Shedding" process therefore we have no power at different times of the day. I need to get some UPS units in place to resolve this as it is a pain to loose WU's. Kinda like getting a speeding fine on the way to a meeting and still arriving late! Waste. hehe.
That's an interesting though. AFAIK there is no way to connect a UPS to the PS3 so it does a proper shutdown of FAH.
Drugless

Post by Drugless »

Yes, probably but at least when there is a power failure someone at home can exit folding normally and shutdown before UPS dies. At least this way we don't loose any WU. This actually happened yesterday on two of the PS3's (not connected to a UPS) since we had a power failure. These two units seem to have lost the WU as when starting the folding there was about a minute delay and folding started from 0%. I think a couple of basic UPS units are well worth the cash even if it just protects the hardware since the PS3 is not indistructable.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Drugless wrote:Yes, probably but at least when there is a power failure someone at home can exit folding normally and shutdown before UPS dies. At least this way we don't loose any WU. This actually happened yesterday on two of the PS3's (not connected to a UPS) since we had a power failure. These two units seem to have lost the WU as when starting the folding there was about a minute delay and folding started from 0%. I think a couple of basic UPS units are well worth the cash even if it just protects the hardware since the PS3 is not indistructable.
I do agree. The PS3 will generally discard the active WU if power fails and no shutdown is possible. The UPS is a good idea if someone is nearby and can shut down FAH before the power to the machine actually fails. It's just that sometimes it will be running with nobody nearby.
sneakers55

Post by sneakers55 »

bruce wrote:The PS3 will generally discard the active WU if power fails and no shutdown is possible. The UPS is a good idea if someone is nearby and can shut down FAH before the power to the machine actually fails. It's just that sometimes it will be running with nobody nearby.
Usually around here, it's a weather related power glitch and the UPS will let you sail through after the thirty second automatic recloser delay. But all bets are off if the local pad mounted transformer is full of fire ants. (CenterPoint undoubtedly loves cleaning them out, they swarm and attack!)
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
bruce

Post by bruce »

sneakers55 wrote:But all bets are off if the local pad mounted transformer is full of fire ants. (CenterPoint undoubtedly loves cleaning them out, they swarm and attack!)
We don't have fire ants (yet, and I hope never :!: ) but I've lost power twice because of rats in the underground transformer a mile away. I'll bet that SC Edison loves cleaning them out, too.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

bruce wrote:
sneakers55 wrote:But all bets are off if the local pad mounted transformer is full of fire ants. (CenterPoint undoubtedly loves cleaning them out, they swarm and attack!)
We don't have fire ants (yet, and I hope never :!: ) but I've lost power twice because of rats in the underground transformer a mile away. I'll bet that SC Edison loves cleaning them out, too.
Sorry to disappoint you Bruce, but nothing has stopped the spread of Fire Ants so far.

Billions of dollars of pesticides has not stop them or even slowed them down.

They kill many livestocks and even humans, if enough of them bites a person.

They are like Killer Bees, but can't fly.

Imported fire ants were accidentally brought to the United States from South America. Since arriving in Mobile, AL, they have spread to 14 States and Commonwealths. They now infest all or part of Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. They can also be found occasionally in isolated areas of other States, such as Arizona, Kentucky, and Virginia.

Have a great day.