Project 7600 Adv -> Full FAH

Any announcements about FAH policy, servers and new projects will be made here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

tjlane
Pande Group Member

Project 7600 Adv -> Full FAH

Post by tjlane »

Project 7600, simulations of the folding of the knottin protein EETI, is now in open beta (adv). EETI is a small cysteine knottin that has been engineered to bind to integrin proteins expressed on the surface of cancer cells. This specific binding allows EETI constructs to act as imaging agents in vivo, locating tumors. We hope that by understanding the dynamics of this protein, we can inform future engineering of knotting to target a variety of diseases.

Preferred deadline: 13.9 days
Final deadline: 23.2 days
k-factor: 0.75

Core: A4
Operating system(s): Linux, Win32

Thanks for folding! Let me know if there are any issues.
Edit: A4 core not compatible with OSX as noted in open beta. Updated to reflect this.
tjlane
Pande Group Member

Re: Project 7600 on Adv

Post by tjlane »

These projects have been rolled back to closed beta due pending issues with the A4 core. Updates forthcoming.
tjlane
Pande Group Member

Re: Project 7600 on Adv

Post by tjlane »

P7600 has returned to Advanced Methods. During testing we discovered and crushed a number of bugs, listed below.

This project runs the A4 core, which should be compatible with both SMP and uniprocessor clients. It should use all available cores a machine has allocated to folding. There were some issues with older clients not recognizing this, and running an SMP job on a single core.

Known/Fixed Issues:
-Project was assigning to OSX clients, though the A4 core is not compatible with OSX v6. A4 support is included with OSX v7. P76** are no longer assigning to OSX.
-Clients below v6.34 were unstable with the A4 core. Project is no longer being assigned to sub-6.34 clients.
-There may be a problem with the '-smp' flag. It seems for some clients the project wanted to run as a uniprocessor job unless the specified the number of threads to run, (e.g. '-smp' vs. '-smp 8'). This is hopefully resolved by restricting the min client version to 6.34, but at this point we are unsure.
-Confusion over whether A4 is smp or uniprocessor. Answer: it should be able to run as *either*, depending on a user's setup/argument specifications.
-Some simulations are known to be unstable. This is an unavoidable aspect of simulation methodology in general. Some experimental aspects of the P76** series mean this may occur more often than not early on in simulations. This may be conflating other issues. I will do my best to aggressively shut down bad units if they occur. Some of these have been dealt with.

Thanks for your patience & help FAH! I will continue to post here with relevant information.