New servers moved to beta testing 5-7-08

Any announcements about FAH policy, servers and new projects will be made here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

esorin
Pande Group Member

New servers moved to beta testing 5-7-08

Post by esorin »

Hi,

Two new servers have been moved from internal testing, where all looked good, to beta testing. They are: folding1 - 134.139.127.31 and folding2 - 134.139.127.32. These WU's should be very non-problematic, but please report in this thread any oddities regarding the WU's or these new servers that you may encounter. Thanks!

Fold On ...
Eric
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: New servers moved to beta testing 5-7-08

Post by 7im »

Hello Eric, welcome to the Folding Forum.

Good to hear new hardware coming on line, and about more WUs. Might you have a bit more info about those WUs? And maybe a little more about these new servers at CSULB, and what role they will be playing for the FAH project.

Thanks.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
esorin
Pande Group Member

Post by esorin »

Hi 7im,

Sorry for the delay, but my wedding anniversary kept me from posting 8-)

No need to welcome me ... I've been gone for a while, taking on a new position and starting my own research group, but am the same esorin that posted hundreds of times during the early 2000's :lol:

These new servers are a new "branch" of the Folding@Home project centered at CSU Long Beach. I have several undergraduates and masters students working on projects that will be of great interest to the folding & computational communities, including the continued ffAMBER website/ports. Our projects will be focusing mainly on biomembranes and membrane-based systems, including membrane-binding and tansport proteins, etc. We'll have several very interesting projects up and running this summer, but for now I want to make sure that our distant (i.e. non-Stanford) servers are running without errors/issues and are free of network trouble ...

Eric
Fold On ...
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

I remember, and I welcome everyone after their first post. ;)

Be sure to let us know how the satelite office is working...
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.