Log Me On Automatically Each Visit

Moderator: Site Moderators

Tynat

Log Me On Automatically Each Visit

Post by Tynat »

For at least the past couple of months, every time I visit I have to manually log back in, despite the previous time I logged in I clicked the "Log me on automatically each visit" option. I'm using WinXP and Firefox v3.5.6, but it also didn't work with the previous version of Firefox and perhaps the one before that, too. Anyone else experiencing the same issue with the "Log me on automatically each visit" option?
All clients stopped due to Stanford's upcoming September 2011 decision
uncle fuzzy

Re: Log Me On Automatically Each Visit

Post by uncle fuzzy »

I believe that is a cookie issue. How high do you have your privacy filter set? I can't do it on any forum with IE, but I have my filter set high.
Proud to crash my machines as a Beta Tester!

bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

In Firefox go to Tools>Options>Privacy and click on Exceptions. Type foldingforum.org and click on Allow. You might have to login the next time you start Firefox but after that it should keep the cookie you need.
Tynat

Post by Tynat »

uncle fuzzy wrote:I believe that is a cookie issue. How high do you have your privacy filter set? I can't do it on any forum with IE, but I have my filter set high.
Privacy filter, as in? If you mean third party blocking add-ons for Firefox, I have always had foldingforum.org whitelisted and that hasn't changed.
Tynat

Post by Tynat »

bollix47 wrote:In Firefox go to Tools>Options>Privacy and click on Exceptions. Type foldingforum.org and click on Allow. You might have to login the next time you start Firefox but after that it should keep the cookie you need.
With the "Allow cookies from sites" option checked, the exceptions list isn't necessary unless it's to specifically block a site. The opposite of what I want. Besides, why would I need to do that now, when it wasn't needed in the past? I think something else is going on. For kicks I'll delete the foldingforum.org cookies, let them be rebuilt and see what tomorrows attempt brings.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

I have my Firefox set up to delete cookies when closing the program in the "Keep until" drop down box, not the "Clear ...." Settings. By adding the site to the exceptions list as Allow it doesn't get deleted and I never have to login but other cookies that have been added during browsing and not on the exception list as Allow get deleted. Just a personal preference. :ewink:
chrisretusn
Hardware configuration: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+

Post by chrisretusn »

Clearing the cookies for foldingforum is a good idea. In Fx I have:

Accept cookies from sites - checked.
Accept third-party cookies - not checked
Keep until: I close Firefox
I added an Exceptions... foldingforum.org with Allow status. This saves the cookies from foldingforum.org

When using With Keep until: they expire no exception is needed.

If you have Clear history when Firefox closes checked, make sure that Cookies is not checked in Settings...

Also when logging in be sure you check Log me on automatically each visit
Folding on Slackware Linux.