Forum Search

Moderator: Site Moderators

RAH
Hardware configuration: 1. C2Q 8200@2880 / W7Pro64 / SMP2 / 2 GPU - GTS250/GTS450
2. C2D 6300@3600 / XPsp3 / SMP2 / 1 GPU - GT240

Forum Search

Post by RAH »

I was using the forum search, trying to find a cause, solution for a teammate.
Looked up the "error 0X1", got a bunch of posts. Clicked on the first one, read it, and
hit the back bar, to read the second, etc.

Get a "Web page has expired" error. Thus I had to search again, and again, and again.
Can we get this changed?

If this always happens, I can understand why people post the same questions over and over again.

I know I won't use it anymore, unless it gets changed.
anandhanju

Re: Forum Search

Post by anandhanju »

I get this behavior if I use the search box on the forum main page. However, if I search using the advanced search page (search.php), I'm free to navigate to and from the search results. Probably due to the search box using a different method in the first case (POST), which requires a request resubmit.

Edit: I use Opera for general browsing and do not see this error. The test I did earlier (with the problem) was with IE6.
Edit2: Looks like this is a known "bug" http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=14670 . PHPBB has classfied it as "will not fix". I wonder how difficult it'll be to convert this to a GET.
Ren02

Post by Ren02 »

Not really a fix but once you get to the results page just right click the post and open it in a new tab. At least that's how I browse in Firefox. I've heard that Internet Explorer has tabs too nowadays so the concept should be the same.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

I've just fixed this by switching the search box to submit with get instead of post (I have no idea why post was used in the first place) as anandhanju suggested.
Let me know if this causes any other problems (I don't foresee any).