Doner relations

Moderator: Site Moderators

COSULLY

Doner relations

Post by COSULLY »

Just an idea but would it be possible to intern someone from an appropriate major to work on doner relations? The academic enviorment can at times come across poorly and vis versa. My goal is not to criticize but to offer an idea.
VijayPande
Pande Group Member

Re: Doner relations

Post by VijayPande »

That 's an interesting idea. However, an intern would be able to post forum messages here, but would not be familiar with the science or software infrastructure of FAH. Our plan has been that the moderators on this forum would bridge the gap between the scientists and the donors, and I think in general they do an excellent job of that, considering all the complexities of FAH, the science, and the large number of donors. The Mods are donors themselves but are also in very close contact with the scientific team. However, there are a lot of donors to FAH, so there is only so much a team of Moderators can do in all cases.
Prof. Vijay Pande, PhD
Departments of Chemistry, Structural Biology, and Computer Science
Chair, Biophysics
Director, Folding@home Distributed Computing Project
Stanford University
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

The Moderators and Administrators are also volunteers, and will have varying amounts of time available to dedicate to the forum and contributors to the project.

The forum works as a community. Since a mod or admin may not be online at all times, other members of the forum, with experience on such topics, also work to help answer questions. Not everyone has the same experience or posting style, so let's remember that we're all volunteers here, doing their best to help.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
COSULLY

Post by COSULLY »

I bow to moderators every where. Thier work is essential and often underappreciated. They are often given abuse and still forge on. Thank you Vijay Pande and 7im for your feed back.