Posting info vs. Signature info

Moderator: Site Moderators

kikimarie

Posting info vs. Signature info

Post by kikimarie »

Hi. I'm suddenly confused about the whole "team neutral" thing. I read and thought I understood the information about not referring to team specifics in our postings. Yet I see people including team specifics in their signatures. Can you help this make sense to me?
John Naylor
Hardware configuration: Q9450 OC @ 3.2GHz (Win7 Home Premium) - SMP2
E7500 OC @ 3.66GHz (Windows Home Server) - SMP2
i5-3750k @ 3.8GHz (Win7 Pro) - SMP2

Re: Posting info vs. Signature info

Post by John Naylor »

kikimarie wrote:Hi. I'm suddenly confused about the whole "team neutral" thing. I read and thought I understood the information about not referring to team specifics in our postings. Yet I see people including team specifics in their signatures. Can you help this make sense to me?
So long as the mentioning of a team is not blatant recruiting, and is not mentioned in the posting itself, it would seem to be OK. Like my own signature simply states which team I fold for but does not try and encourage others to do so as well.
Folding whatever I'm sent since March 2006 :) Beta testing since October 2006. www.FAH-Addict.net Administrator since August 2009.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

In a signature, I think saying "member of team xxx" is allowed ;)

Which is forbidden is for example "join me in team xxx" ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

Forum Policies: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15

Recruting/Promoting : We run a team-neutral forum and offer support for anyone, without regard to team affiliation, or organizations. Attempts to encourage others to join your team/organization (explicit or implicit) are prohibited in all of the general forums.

If you wish to discuss a Teams/Organizations idea (in general), this will (in most cases) be allowed, if you follow certain protocols.

1. Do Not use the name/team # of the Team/Organization, directly in your posts.
2. Do Not use links that point to the Team/Organization in ANY form.
3. 1 and 2 apply to EVERYONE, regardless of if you are affiliated with that Team/Organization or not.
4. Use appropriate wording, to remain neutral. Words such as -- Team, Teams, They, Them, Us... Ect...
5. And that includes NOT having your USER NAME as the ORGANIZATION as well!!! That IS considered part of the post.

Posts that do not follow the above guidelines, regardless of the poster, will be edited or deleted at the Admin's/MOD's discretion.

Have a great day.
RealBigSwede
Hardware configuration: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Nvidia GeForce XFX 970
Vvidia GeForce XFX 1070
16 GB DDR4
OZS 120 SSD + Intel 128 SSD + Intel 250 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda
48" RCA @ 4k

Post by RealBigSwede »

So where can we recrut? where can new members fine what team do recruting. and where can we post an 'ads' for our team???

MB; Intel(R) Core(TM) i5; CPU: Intel(R) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz Video: Nvidia GeForce XFX 1070 and XFX 970 RAM; 16Gb ddr4, HD's; Intel SSD 120GB, OCZ 120GB

Reading, Is The Best Way To Travel. - Roland P. Hagge 1985
John Naylor
Hardware configuration: Q9450 OC @ 3.2GHz (Win7 Home Premium) - SMP2
E7500 OC @ 3.66GHz (Windows Home Server) - SMP2
i5-3750k @ 3.8GHz (Win7 Pro) - SMP2

Post by John Naylor »

RealBigSwede wrote:So where can we recrut? where can new members fine what team do recruting. and where can we post an 'ads' for our team???
Unfortunately since we shifted over to the new forum, the admins/mods have taken the decision that recruiting should be done elsewhere, rather than on this forum. I'm afraid you'll have to find somewhere else to recruit... sorry :(
Folding whatever I'm sent since March 2006 :) Beta testing since October 2006. www.FAH-Addict.net Administrator since August 2009.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

RealBigSwede wrote:So where can we recrut? where can new members fine what team do recruting. and where can we post an 'ads' for our team???
You can advertise and recruit on your Team's web site. You can advertise and recruit on T-Shirts, billboards, most anywhere but in postings on this forum. You can can also list you team affiliations in your signature, in a tasteful and unobtrusive (normal size font) manner. You can NOT actively recruit in posts or in your signature.

Come Join Team # xxxx, or come visit Team Forum xxxx and the like will not be permitted. The OWNER of this site, not the Mods and Admins, have the final say in the decision that because we are already Hardware and Software agnostic, that being Team agnostic would also be appropriate for a forum who's primary focus is to support the F@h project and it's individual contributors. Team support can come from the team.

An occasional mention of a team name may slip by or be ignored if the reference seems like an afterthought rather than the primary goal of that post. However, if your team info is already listed in your signature, any mention of a team in a post might be moderatored slightly more strictly. There is little need to mention your team when it is already on display in your signature. This also applies to posting links back to Team Web Pages and Team Forums, which may be considered an indirect form of recruitment.

We try to be as helpful as possible without showing any favoritism, to hardware, vendors, software used, 3rd party contributors, individual contributors, or teams. No one is perfect, but that is the goal. Fold On.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
RealBigSwede
Hardware configuration: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Nvidia GeForce XFX 970
Vvidia GeForce XFX 1070
16 GB DDR4
OZS 120 SSD + Intel 128 SSD + Intel 250 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda
48" RCA @ 4k

Post by RealBigSwede »

maybe we could have a recruting forum for all?? I willing to set one up that all can use.. but the members both old and new need to find it. Would you guys talk to the owner and straff about that?? It would be a totaly independed from panderoup but have a link to it. Where all team can recruit and post ads fro their teams. Like a link "looking for a team??" and that's it.
Thanks for input.

MB; Intel(R) Core(TM) i5; CPU: Intel(R) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz Video: Nvidia GeForce XFX 1070 and XFX 970 RAM; 16Gb ddr4, HD's; Intel SSD 120GB, OCZ 120GB

Reading, Is The Best Way To Travel. - Roland P. Hagge 1985
bruce

Post by bruce »

RealBigSwede wrote:maybe we could have a recruiting forum for all?? I willing to set one up that all can use.. but the members both old and new need to find it. Would you guys talk to the owner and straff about that?? It would be a totally independent from PandeGroup but have a link to it. Where all team can recruit and post ads fro their teams. Like a link "looking for a team??" and that's it.
Thanks for input.
If you recruit at a place like this forum, you're basically recruiting people who already fold. The people that NEED to be recruited will never visit this forum. (Not yet folding means they're not looking for help with their FAH client.)

You can set up one if you want, but from our experience it may not have the results you expect. A link from this forum or from stanford.edu will only send people your way if they're unhappy with their present team. A number of the folks who are unhappy will want to talk about their unhappiness.

You will get some team-vs.-team challenges, and that certainly needs a place.