A section for listing the folding hardware in user profile

Moderator: Site Moderators

Ren02

A section for listing the folding hardware in user profile

Post by Ren02 »

Would it be possible to add another text box titled Folding Hardware to the current user profile? Currently there is no place for listing the specs of the computers that one uses for running FAH.

OTOH if I'm the only one interested in displaying that kind of information then it's not worth it. So would anyone else use it? We currently have topics like "Folding Farms" and "Inexpensive Dedicated Machines" in the FAH Hardware subforum. That kind of information could be in the profile..
anandhanju

Re: A section for listing the folding hardware in user profile

Post by anandhanju »

Good idea!

If it isn't possible (or advisable) to change, perhaps members who are really serious about their rigs could just add it in their sig.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

.sig works for me. No change needed. ;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

It's not a good idea to store it in signature ... it would become toooooo big :mrgreen:

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I think a good place for it would be in a personal profile. This software doesn't provide that option, but it might be part of an enhancement that somebody has written. I'm sure the software is used on sites where people want to read an "about me" segment to see if they want to meet that person. Clearly we don't want to become a dating site, but it might be a good place to list your hardware and software. I know that sometimes I wish people had mentioned that when they ask for help and if I search their previous posts I sometimes can find it.