question regarding typos

Moderator: Site Moderators

jesseH

question regarding typos

Post by jesseH »

To whom would I need to speak regarding reporting typos or grammar errors in Folding@home project descriptions? I'm an avid Folding@home user, and an English major as well, so I'd like to help improve the quality of this project, in my own little way.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: question regarding typos

Post by Jesse_V »

Welcome to the forum jesseH!

The scientist that launches that project is responsible for its description. It's good to catch mistakes; can you identify the project and show us the typo? Then we can look up the person and help you from there.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
jesseH

Post by jesseH »

Thanks for the quick turnaround. The project in question is 7600 (44, 5, 2). I've circled the typos in question. "Specail" should be "special," and I presume that "tacking" should be "attacking."

Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

I went to folding.stanford.edu page, clicked Stats, and then the "Project summary (directly from the servers, updated hourly)" link: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html
From there, I see that TJ Lane is in charge of that project. Here's his forum profile: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18183 and you should be able to send him an email or PM from there.

I'd also agree with your replacement suggestions.
iceman1992

Post by iceman1992 »

I found a typo too for p7023
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fah ... ned?p=7023
This project is a test of a novel means to significantly accelearate Folding@home Molecular Dynamics calculations by 100x without any additional increase in hardware. Thus, this method has great promise to push Folding@home way beyond what it can do now, although there is much work to do to test it to make sure that the results are scientifically valid and useful.
I believe "accelearate" should be "accelerate".