Home Page and version notifications???

Moderator: Site Moderators

jsfitz54

Home Page and version notifications???

Post by jsfitz54 »

On the "Home Page" where one is introduced to Folding, there is no information given to what version someone is downloading. Only after selecting the download, from the middle field, does the file appear as it asks where to save the file and the file shows the version number as part of the name string.

I feel that people should be able to see at a glance the current version number, ie v7.1.52, on the home web page, which leads me to my second point.

When there are new releases beyond v7.1.52 how are we going to be notified about updates? As it is now I can't view the home page quickly to see if there are updates by version number. What is the mechanism for checking for new release versions? I'm using Windows.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: Home Page and version notifications???

Post by Jesse_V »

Probably the best way is to hover your mouse over the "Windows, All versions" link, and look down in your browser's status bar to see the URL of the link. There's a version number at the end. AFAIK, there's no way to check from inside FAHControl.

It's an excellent point, and there's a ticket open about this: https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/F ... ticket/748
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.