Moderator: Site Moderators

baqban324
Hardware configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2 GB ram, 2 GB swap
Nvidia GeForce 8400M GT, Linux driver 280.13
Xubuntu 11.10

Forum Feed Possible?

Post by baqban324 »

Hey there everyone,
I've been away from the forums for a little while, but I've got some free time again and I was just wondering a couple of things. First off, I noticed before posting to the forum suggestion thread a couple months ago that it doesn't see replies very quickly, but I thought I'd give it a go:
baqban324 wrote:I was just wondering if it was possible to configure an RSS or Atom feed for either the whole forum or specific boards? I know that registered users can configure notifications, but those are via email, and a feed does seem more natural for a thread format. I searched real quick on phpBB's website, and they said that recent phpBB versions have a built-in Atom feed option, and apparently a RSS modification exists. I was just wondering if I'm missing a button somewhere and feeds are already available, or if they've been disabled for a reason.
I thought I'd go ahead and ask again in a separate thread if an RSS or Atom feed is possible. If it's really not something people are interested in or it's a security issue, I understand. I thought it might make it easier for people that want to focus on specific issues (help and advice, testing, suggestions, etc.)

Real quick, even if it's a little off-topic, but would small suggestions for the beta just be annoying right now? I know the feature freeze is on and with the beta having gone public, the testers and developers are busy ironing out the last wave of bugs. There were a few more things I've noticed with the client though, not even bugs, "Swiss watchmaker" issues you might say. I don't want to nitpick the builders about the wallpaper while they're elbows-deep in the plumbing and wiring though. :wink:
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Forum Feed Possible?

Post by 7im »

Forum Search is your friend... http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2662

As long as the V7 software is still called beta, feedback is welcomed. We are still adding feature requests and feature improvements all the time...
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
baqban324
Hardware configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2 GB ram, 2 GB swap
Nvidia GeForce 8400M GT, Linux driver 280.13
Xubuntu 11.10

Post by baqban324 »

Cool, thanks for pointing out the link.
I must have just searched for "feed" or something else because I didn't see that thread. I guess for now the forum's just sticking with email notifications, which I can work with. I'll go ahead and post my comments on the v7 client in the beta forum too.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

I was just about to ask for RSS feeds to be turned on. Is there an issue with turning this feature on? Subscribing is fine and all, but it would be nice to have RSS as well for those of us who like to use it as it's convenient and IE has a nice facility for RSS feeds to make it a snap to track. Plus I don't want to be inundated with emails as it's not optimal.