[*] List Item Doesn't Work

Moderator: Site Moderators

AYColumbia

[*] List Item Doesn't Work

Post by AYColumbia »

I tried to use the editor's [*] bullet feature but it doesn't work. It only adds the open tag and not the close tag. It also sometimes puts the tag at the beginning of the selected text or at the end. I noticed that the [*] does NOT automatically add the
  • tag since the bullet item won't work by itself, i.e., must surround a line that is inside a list block, e.g.,
  • item 1
  • I'm currently on Windows 8 Enterprise using IE version 10.0.9200.16384. This happens in both native and compatibility mode. The other features, i.e., Quote, Code, List, Img and URL work just fine.
bollix47

Re: [*] List Item Doesn't Work

Post by bollix47 »

It does appear to work:
  • item 1
  • item 2

Code: Select all

[list][*]item 1[/list]
[list][*]item 2[/list]
  • Entry 1
  • Entry 2

[list] [*]Entry 1 [*]Entry 2 [/list]
There's no need to close the * tag:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

I'm actually talking about the editor's button. It doesn't work consistently while the others I mention do. I'm not talking about the actual BBCode as it works fine as you said. I think it's a browser issue with IE 10 since I'm under Windows 8.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Post in the "problems with IE 10 Browser" thread on the MS forum, and let us know if you get an answer.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

7im wrote:Post in the "problems with IE 10 Browser" thread on the MS forum, and let us know if you get an answer.
Would it be alright to point to this forum as an example of the issue?
bruce

Post by bruce »

Microsoft is welcome to look at our forum.

As far as I know, however, when you're posting in a forum that uses phpBB, it's the phpBB software that interprets [*] as the editors bullet symbol, not Microsoft.
k1wi

Post by k1wi »

• To get a bullet point list I have to click list then click each bullet using FF17
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Is the phpBB software capable of setting meta tags? Any chance you can try adding the following meta tag to help IE 10 users with better compatibility mode for this site? I think this would help make the advanced editor features work better with IE10.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8"/>
When I was using IE9 under Windows 7, I didn't have any issues. Also, if the tag is not specified, IE10 uses IE7 standards in Compatibility Mode.
bruce

Post by bruce »

The best source for detailed information about the latest version of phpBB is https://www.phpbb.com/. We just use the software. We're currently running PHP Version 5.2.9 with a couple of minor modifications.