Flaw in sequence of postings ?

Moderator: Site Moderators

ChristianVirtual

Flaw in sequence of postings ?

Post by ChristianVirtual »

In not few cases I see that the sequence of postings get changed; without notification of moderator interaction in which case I can understand. Also in high-activity threads I'm aware of the notification that someone else posted an answer just before my own submit.

Let say I posted an answer to a question as first responder and some time later another post is in front of mine; making my post looks very redundant. Wonder if there is any known flaw/bug in the forum software causing this ?
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
P5-133XL
Hardware configuration: Machine #1:

Intel Q9450; 2x2GB=8GB Ram; Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard; PC Power and Cooling Q750 PS; 2x GTX 460; Windows Server 2008 X64 (SP1).

Machine #2:

Intel Q6600; 2x2GB=4GB Ram; Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard; PC Power and Cooling Q750 PS; 2x GTX 460 video card; Windows 7 X64.

Machine 3:

Dell Dimension 8400, 3.2GHz P4 4x512GB Ram, Video card GTX 460, Windows 7 X32

I am currently folding just on the 5x GTX 460's for aprox. 70K PPD

Re: Flaw in sequence of postings ?

Post by P5-133XL »

There are individuals where all posts from them need to be approved by a moderator before they show up in the forums. They are in what's called the "Queue". Once approved the posts show up based on the time stamp of the original message and not the approval time. Thus a reply can be made before you and you will not see it until much later (sometimes minutes/hours or much longer if there is an issue that needs discussing) but it will still show up before yours after approval.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Also, if there are two threads on the same subject, Mods may choose to merge those threads. The posts from both threads will be ordered by the original post date-time so they may be intermixed, making almost anything seem redundant even if it was not so in the original topic.
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

In the last observed case there was only the first initial post where I direct answered. I could see after refresh of the screen the two postings. No merging or queuing involved, it seems. Some time later my post moved to position 3 and another post (from a long time member) appeared. Again, don't think queuing would be taken place in this (and former) cases based on participating members.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net