Email Notification Failures

Moderator: Site Moderators

brityank

Email Notification Failures

Post by brityank »

I received the following two email links, one for "Tools List" >> viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52&p=25565&e=25565 << and another for "phpbb vs phpbb3" >> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=339&p=25590&e=25590 << -- and for both of them the page reverts to: You are not authorised to read this forum. on access. Yes, I logged in before it would allow me access, as usual. :shock:

Anyone else having similar problems?

Cheers.
... ... Free Republic Folders - A Tribute to Ronald Reagan ... ...
bruce

Re: Email Notification Failures

Post by bruce »

brityank wrote:I received the following two email links, one for "Tools List" >> viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52&p=25565&e=25565 << and another for "phpbb vs phpbb3" >> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=339&p=25590&e=25590 << -- and for both of them the page reverts to: You are not authorised to read this forum. on access. Yes, I logged in before it would allow me access, as usual. :shock:

Anyone else having similar problems?

Cheers.
We had a spam-bot who posted in many threads. I've moved the spam to a temporary holding forum that is hidden but I can't do anything about the emails that got sent out suggesting that you might want to read his posts. Trust me . . . you don't need to read it.
brityank

Post by brityank »

OK; many thank, bruce -- I get enough junk as it is, sure don't need to run in here to get more. My thanks for your quick action and followup. 8-)

Cheers.
... ... Free Republic Folders - A Tribute to Ronald Reagan ... ...
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

All this spam is messing the Unread message feature :

If I click on one of the topic with LKJHG last post ... this post doesn't exist (so why is it showed as last poster ?) and the topic stays unread.

The only way to get rid of the unread state is to mark the whole forum as "read".

It looks like the LKJHG's posts weren't deleted completely :(

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
anandhanju

Post by anandhanju »

I read everything else and then used the mark topics read functionality. No more orange icons :wink:
bruce

Post by bruce »

On the first pass, I moved all those posts to a hidden "spam" forum as I said earlier. Then after seeing the unread post flags I decided to delete them. All that really changed was the message saying you didn't have permission to read the forum to a message saying the post did not exist.

Ultimately I concluded that there's a bug in this version of phpBB which indicates that you have not read the post, even after it has been deleted. You've found the only ways I know to clear the unread flags.