forum dnsbl block

Moderator: Site Moderators

FAMAS

forum dnsbl block

Post by FAMAS »

i run from a dynamic ip range and the dnsbl used by the forum server blocks ips onto which my isp often assigns. this is my complaint.
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Re: forum dnsbl block

Post by foldy »

Can you give examples of your dynamic ip adresses? Where are those IPs located and by which Internet Provider?
As a workaround you can try to use a public proxy or vpn tunnel.
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

@foldy, forum moderators can see them from my account data and their reply i await. you are advised to update the folding@home stat spreadsheet
bruce

Post by bruce »

Our hosting service actively pursues DoS attacks and other such malicious activities. Certain ranges of IP addresses are blocked from ISPs from which active malicious attacks originate. If you want to connect here, you'll have to find an ISP that accepts reports of malicious activity, investigates them, and takes action against those customers who attack us.

Our records show you have posted from four different individual IPs belonging to four different ISPs. That's not dynamic addressing.
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

@bruce, of them, 2 are TOR ips, one was used to make the original post here, the other to post this reply. the rest are non-tor ips associated with the isp in my country. where i am from, end user isps take ip allocations from the national major isps (isps taking share from isp, isp NAT kind of), global ip database has not gotten memo of that, so ips appear as if they are from different major isps while they are from one end user isp as in the connection i use.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Again, we only see the IP numbers that you were able to connect from. We are not able to see which ones failed for you. So unless you provide IP numbers as foldy suggested, we have no way of checking if they are blocked by this forum, or blocked elsewhere.

P.S. You are now up to 5 different addresses. Based on the addresses we can see, you have connected from at least two different ISP's besides using TOR.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

@joe_H, check private message