The spam filter

Moderator: Site Moderators

Catsceo

The spam filter

Post by Catsceo »

I am very annoyed about the new spam filter you guys have put in. I can't post U R Ls or quote anyone that posts a U R L in there post? Wouldn't it be better if you just limited the posting date to 7, without the post count restriction?
Representing Team DL.TV! "We need more power captain!"
Catsceo

Re: The spam filter

Post by Catsceo »

Oh by the way, the reason that URL is spaced in my post is because the spam filter won't let me post the word URL. (I can now because I've gone over 10 posts)
Representing Team DL.TV! "We need more power captain!"
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: The spam filter

Post by 7im »

Catsceo wrote:I am very annoyed about the new spam filter you guys have put in. I can't post U R Ls or quote anyone that posts a U R L in there post? Wouldn't it be better if you just limited the posting date to 7, without the post count restriction?
No. Spammers often setup several accounts days and weeks ahead of time, just to get around that date limit, which is very easy to circumvent. Getting around the post count is not so easy for the spammers. It's a very small inconvenience for a lot less spam.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.