New google search box

Moderator: Site Moderators

uncle_fungus
Site Admin

New google search box

Post by uncle_fungus »

The more observant among you will have noticed a new search box in the header for searches using google. I've added this at the request of several forum members because the built-in forum search mechanism has problems with frequently occurring search terms (like client etc.).

At the moment this only works with the prosilver themes, and is only in the header. I'm working on getting it integrated into the 'advanced' search page so that subsilver users can use it too.
anandhanju

Re: New google search box

Post by anandhanju »

Thanks uncle_fungus! Looks and works great!

One suggestion: Can the search type be defaulted to this site rather than the Web? If one were to search the web in the first place, they'd have fired up google.com to begin with :wink:
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

anandhanju wrote:One suggestion: Can the search type be defaulted to this site rather than the Web? If one were to search the web in the first place, they'd have fired up google.com to begin with :wink:
It should already do this, but it doesn't seem to work properly. I'll fix it when I do the search page.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

OK, It should all be done now. There's a google search field at the top of the advanced search page, and the search box in the header bar now only searches this site instead of the entire web.
anandhanju

Post by anandhanju »

Super. Thank you!