phpbb3 default theme etc. discussion

Moderator: Site Moderators

uncle_fungus
Site Admin

phpbb3 default theme etc. discussion

Post by uncle_fungus »

Please use this thread if you want to discuss the new default theme and/or other things about the forum that aren't necessarily a problem.
Ren02

Re: phpbb3 issues

Post by Ren02 »

The user info panel (name avatar etc) is on the wrong side! I mean right side... :?
Anyway, it should be on the left side. Well at least an option in the board preferences would be nice.
Totally unaccustomed to the new layout.
dicecca112{LR}

Post by dicecca112{LR} »

fungus, if you guys feel the need to move the avatars to the right like before, and can't figure out, please PM me, I'll talk to some of my fellow staff on another forum, and get you the code to fix that. We tested phppb3 from RC1, so we've gone through the growing pains. Overall Phpbb3 has jumped leaps and bounds, and the staff controls are great
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

F@h often breaks new ground, GPU client, PS3 Client, why not break away from the old forum arrangement as well?

IMO, the avatars on the left are a distraction, and an outdated forum tradition. Yes, there is some adjustment needed, but what is the first thing most people want to read? IMO, it's the post, not the profile of the user posting. And IMO, function should dictate layout, not necessarily tradition.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
pythagoras
Site Admin

Post by pythagoras »

I would prefer it the other way around :( . Maybe we can have a poll at a later date.

Nice job with the smooth upgrade to version 3 Uncle_fungus :wink: Just need some nice smilie packs now :twisted:

Regards

John.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Berk I don't like this theme :shock: :evil:

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
pythagoras
Site Admin

Post by pythagoras »

dicecca112{LR} wrote:fungus, if you guys feel the need to move the avatars to the right like before, and can't figure out, please PM me, I'll talk to some of my fellow staff on another forum, and get you the code to fix that. We tested phppb3 from RC1, so we've gone through the growing pains. Overall Phpbb3 has jumped leaps and bounds, and the staff controls are great
Thanks for the offer. Is it a css code edit?

Regards

John.
pythagoras
Site Admin

Post by pythagoras »

toTOW wrote:Berk I don't like this theme :shock: :evil:
Are you calling me a BERK :evil:?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Why can't we have the choice with the subSilver theme (that should be installed by default) ... :cry:

This one is too ... blue :shock:

7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Maybe we should split this thread in to two...

1) actual problems
2) things I don't like about the uprade, but aren't actually a problem
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Maybe yes :mrgreen:

Where has this theme gone : http://phpbb3.fleucorp.fr/ (it is supposed to be the subSilver v3 default theme) :?:

uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

The default theme in phpbb3 in prosilver. A modded version of subsilver is included, but isn't enabled by default. I see Py has enabled it, but he might not have enabled users to change their theme, I'll check that now.

Edit: Py had already done it.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Yeah I love you both, I'm back to a theme I like more :mrgreen:

There's nothing more to change (maybe later, when you'll have time, you could include languages packs for most common languages ...) :)

P5-133XL
Hardware configuration: Machine #1:

Intel Q9450; 2x2GB=8GB Ram; Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard; PC Power and Cooling Q750 PS; 2x GTX 460; Windows Server 2008 X64 (SP1).

Machine #2:

Intel Q6600; 2x2GB=4GB Ram; Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard; PC Power and Cooling Q750 PS; 2x GTX 460 video card; Windows 7 X64.

Machine 3:

Dell Dimension 8400, 3.2GHz P4 4x512GB Ram, Video card GTX 460, Windows 7 X32

I am currently folding just on the 5x GTX 460's for aprox. 70K PPD

Re: phpbb3 default theme etc. discussion

Post by P5-133XL »

I definitely don't like how view new posts looks like. I find it hard to ID the posts I want to actually look at. I much preferred the old look in this instance.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: phpbb3 default theme etc. discussion

Post by uncle_fungus »

P5-133XL wrote:I definitely don't like how view new posts looks like. I find it hard to ID the posts I want to actually look at. I much preferred the old look in this instance.
I agree with you on this, however I expect I'll get used to it.