phpbb3 default theme etc. discussion

Moderator: Site Moderators

Ren02

Re: phpbb3 issues

Post by Ren02 »

uncle_fungus wrote:The default theme in phpbb3 in prosilver. A modded version of subsilver is included, but isn't enabled by default. I see Py has enabled it, but he might not have enabled users to change their theme, I'll check that now.

Edit: Py had already done it.
Thank you. 8-)
BTW, what a smooth update. :D
dicecca112{LR}

Post by dicecca112{LR} »

pythagoras wrote:
dicecca112{LR} wrote:fungus, if you guys feel the need to move the avatars to the right like before, and can't figure out, please PM me, I'll talk to some of my fellow staff on another forum, and get you the code to fix that. We tested phppb3 from RC1, so we've gone through the growing pains. Overall Phpbb3 has jumped leaps and bounds, and the staff controls are great
Thanks for the offer. Is it a css code edit?

Regards

John.
No idea, I'll talk to the gentleman in question tonight and get back to you
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: phpbb3 default theme etc. discussion

Post by uncle_fungus »

I think I've got the profile-left code sorted. Just let me upload it to the server and see if it really does work.

Thanks for the offer btw dicecca112{LR}.
uncle fuzzy

Post by uncle fuzzy »

Looks good to me. Or maybe it's because I switched to the other theme.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

OK, I've activated the "prosilver-left" theme, which swaps the post/profile blocks.

There are still a few things I need to tweak, like the position of the "online" banners.

Edit: Banner issue fixed.
bruce

Post by bruce »

In my first encounter with phpBB3, I didn't like the right hand user panel, but I'm getting used to it. One significant advantage that I can think of: if you have a narrow screen, you get to read more of the post without scrolling but you can still move to the right if you want to. (I visit from a number of different computers, and on the narrow screened ones, I was constantly scrolling to the right so that the left column was off the screen to maximize the reading area.) That's not a problem with larger (better resolution) monitors, though.
dicecca112{LR}

Post by dicecca112{LR} »

wow got that fixed fast, faster than I could get how to fix it from my fellow staff. Looks much better now IMO
pythagoras
Site Admin

Post by pythagoras »

uncle_fungus wrote:I think I've got the profile-left code sorted. Just let me upload it to the server and see if it really does work.

Thanks for the offer btw dicecca112{LR}.
Excellant!!!!!!!!!!! Just need a few smillie packs now.

Regards

John.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

How about these ones:
:eugeek: :biggrin: :egeek: :ewink: :e?: :eo :e( :e)

For some reason they weren't added to the smiley list by default, so I just made up some codes for them.
jrweiss
Hardware configuration: Ryzen 7 5700G, 22.40.46 VGA driver; 32GB G-Skill Trident DDR4-3200; Samsung 860EVO 1TB Boot SSD; VelociRaptor 1TB; MSI GTX 1050ti, 551.23 studio driver; BeQuiet FM 550 PSU; Lian Li PC-9F; Win11Pro-64, F@H 8.3.5.

[Suspended] Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI X570MPG, 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600; Corsair MP600 M.2 PCIe Gen4 Boot, Samsung 840EVO-250 SSDs; VelociRaptor 1TB, Raptor 150; MSI GTX 1050ti, 526.98 driver; Kingwin Stryker 500 PSU; Lian Li PC-K7B. Win10Pro-64, F@H 8.3.5.

Post by jrweiss »

The background color change when the mouse cursor hovers over a field is distracting, to the extent that it pulls attention away from the red highlight of the "new messages" icon at the left. It might work better if you could change the "hover over" color for the field background when the "new messages" icon is active.
Ryzen 7 5700G, 22.40.46 VGA driver; MSI GTX 1050ti, 551.23 studio driver
Ryzen 7 3700X; MSI GTX 1050ti, 551.23 studio driver [Suspended]
brityank

Post by brityank »

:!: uncle_fungus :!:

This has got to be one of the smoothest upgrades I've seen -- congratulations to you and your team. Very impressive. 8-)

Have one on me. :arrow: Image
... ... Free Republic Folders - A Tribute to Ronald Reagan ... ...
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

jrweiss wrote:The background color change when the mouse cursor hovers over a field is distracting, to the extent that it pulls attention away from the red highlight of the "new messages" icon at the left. It might work better if you could change the "hover over" color for the field background when the "new messages" icon is active.
You can still go back to subSilver which haven't such feature, in you User Control Panel, if you want ;)

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
codysluder

Post by codysluder »

uncle_fungus wrote:
P5-133XL wrote:I definitely don't like how view new posts looks like. I find it hard to ID the posts I want to actually look at. I much preferred the old look in this instance.
I agree with you on this, however I expect I'll get used to it.
Maybe, maybe not. My tired old eyes are having more trouble with the little orange image. Can you make it bigger?
Nefarious
Hardware configuration: Moderator for MacLife.com Forums / Folding @ Home section. Approximately 300 CPUs.

Post by Nefarious »

toTOW wrote:Why can't we have the choice with the subSilver theme (that should be installed by default) ... :cry:

This one is too ... blue :shock:
1. I agree. Way too much blue.
2. the Gifs for showing new posts is way too similar to one's indicating no new posts.
3. top logo for Folding is WAY too blue.
Moderator of the MacLife forum for Team 18.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

Nefarious wrote:
toTOW wrote:Why can't we have the choice with the subSilver theme (that should be installed by default) ... :cry:

This one is too ... blue :shock:
1. I agree. Way too much blue.
2. the Gifs for showing new posts is way too similar to one's indicating no new posts.
3. top logo for Folding is WAY too blue.
Do you mean the little orange icons, or the topic icons (the circles with lines on them)?

Either way I can make the new posts a bit more obvious (I think).