phpbb3 default theme etc. discussion

Moderator: Site Moderators

jrweiss
Hardware configuration: Ryzen 7 5700G, 22.40.46 VGA driver; 32GB G-Skill Trident DDR4-3200; Samsung 860EVO 1TB Boot SSD; VelociRaptor 1TB; MSI GTX 1050ti, 551.23 studio driver; BeQuiet FM 550 PSU; Lian Li PC-9F; Win11Pro-64, F@H 8.3.5.

[Suspended] Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI X570MPG, 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600; Corsair MP600 M.2 PCIe Gen4 Boot, Samsung 840EVO-250 SSDs; VelociRaptor 1TB, Raptor 150; MSI GTX 1050ti, 526.98 driver; Kingwin Stryker 500 PSU; Lian Li PC-K7B. Win10Pro-64, F@H 8.3.5.

Re: phpbb3 default theme etc. discussion

Post by jrweiss »

You can still go back to subSilver which haven't such feature, in you User Control Panel, if you want
Thanks. I was just using the default that came up, which was apparently the "prosilver."

IMO the "prosilver" otherwise is a better view overall, so I'll try out the different options.
Ryzen 7 5700G, 22.40.46 VGA driver; MSI GTX 1050ti, 551.23 studio driver
Ryzen 7 3700X; MSI GTX 1050ti, 551.23 studio driver [Suspended]
Nefarious
Hardware configuration: Moderator for MacLife.com Forums / Folding @ Home section. Approximately 300 CPUs.

Re: phpbb3 issues

Post by Nefarious »

uncle_fungus wrote:
Nefarious wrote:
toTOW wrote:Why can't we have the choice with the subSilver theme (that should be installed by default) ... :cry:

This one is too ... blue :shock:
1. I agree. Way too much blue.
2. the Gifs for showing new posts is way too similar to one's indicating no new posts.
3. top logo for Folding is WAY too blue.
Do you mean the little orange icons, or the topic icons (the circles with lines on them)?

Either way I can make the new posts a bit more obvious (I think).
the circles with lines. Moreover, these icons appear to be not icons, but merely lines that delineate something.

1 icon can be a circle, and the other icon should not be, imho.
Moderator of the MacLife forum for Team 18.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

The "circles" indicate the type of topic, i.e. regular, sticky, announcement etc.

You can recognise topics with new posts by the fact that the "circles" are red instead of blue.

No new posts: Image
_ikki_

Post by _ikki_ »

A good improvement to the forum is to include a quick reply.

For phpBB3, there is not a lot of choice : evil quick reply

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=595969

To include it, be sure to have backup files, or test it on a dummy forum ;)

I have recently migrate to phpBB3 so I understand all the questions :) (ouch it is inverted ! waw the look is beautiful :o)
Team #35819 P2P-Community
v00d00
Hardware configuration: FX8320e (6 cores enabled) @ stock,
- 16GB DDR3,
- Zotac GTX 1050Ti @ Stock.
- Gigabyte GTX 970 @ Stock
Debian 9.

Running GPU since it came out, CPU since client version 3.
Folding since Folding began (~2000) and ran Genome@Home for a while too.
Ran Seti@Home prior to that.

Post by v00d00 »

Yeah, id kill for quick reply. It makes replying a joy, compared to a heavy march.

On a seperate question:

Is it possible for the General non-FAH section to be placed below the General FAH section, and the Stats section to be placed above the General section?
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

v00d00 wrote:On a seperate question:

Is it possible for the General non-FAH section to be placed below the General FAH section, and the Stats section to be placed above the General section?
Yes :biggrin:
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

v00d00 wrote:Yeah, id kill for quick reply. It makes replying a joy, compared to a heavy march.
I'm sure you can cope with the 1 extra click for the time being :ewink:
v00d00
- 16GB DDR3,
Debian 9.

Post by v00d00 »

Im actually surprised the phpbb developers didnt put that feature in as standard. It is one of the more useful things that phpbb has seen a late. But i guess the ajax usage disqualifies it.

Oh and thanks for re-ordering things, UF. :)
thriftyj*

Post by thriftyj* »

Fantastic - nothing to gripe about here! Great Christmas present for the Folders for 2007. Thanks uf and everyone who worked so hard on this.
Folding for cures.
_ikki_

Post by _ikki_ »

uncle_fungus wrote:
v00d00 wrote:Yeah, id kill for quick reply. It makes replying a joy, compared to a heavy march.
But the quick reply will permit to save bandwidth, deleting one entire page to load because there is only the area "Post a reply" included in the quick reply.

Actually when you take the habit to use the quick reply, then it's so difficult to return to the normal reply :roll:
v00d00
- 16GB DDR3,
Debian 9.

Post by v00d00 »

_ikki_ wrote:
uncle_fungus wrote:
But the quick reply will permit to save bandwidth, deleting one entire page to load because there is only the area "Post a reply" included in the quick reply.

Actually when you take the habit to use the quick reply, then it's so difficult to return to the normal reply :roll:
But only for the people, who have memorised the common BBcode options. Everyone else who wants to post a reply would use the full version.

Even then you have cutback on a bit of bandwidth, and i suspect the regulars would just use quick reply, as you no longer have to wait 2 secs (or more if on 56k) for the reply page to load up.

The only quick reply mod i can see at present, though, is this one.

http://phpbbmodders.net/viewtopic.php?t=1639
_ikki_

Post by _ikki_ »

v00d00 wrote:
But only for the people, who have memorised the common BBcode options. Everyone else who wants to post a reply would use the full version.

Even then you have cutback on a bit of bandwidth, and i suspect the regulars would just use quick reply, as you no longer have to wait 2 secs (or more if on 56k) for the reply page to load up.

The only quick reply mod i can see at present, though, is this one.

http://phpbbmodders.net/viewtopic.php?t=1639
You can also add the smilies and the BBCODE bar so that there is NO difference between the quick reply and the normal reply, excpect the "options area checkbox" and the posts in reverse order....

anko1
Hardware configuration: Old Faithful CPU: Windows Graphical 5.03; Intel Pentium 4 Processor 540
(3.2GHz) HT;Windows XP
Big Red: Windows SMP Console 6.29; Windows GPU console 6.20r1; Intel Q9450 2.66G; ASUS P5Q 775 P45; [BFG 9800GTX+ old graphics card] NVidia GeForce 8800 GTX [as of 5/9/09]; Windows XP Pro SP3
Lenovo Think Pad: Windows 6.29 w/ SMP; Windows GPU Console 6.20r1 systray; Intel QX9300; NVIDIA Quadro FX-3700M; Windows XP Professional

Post by anko1 »

I like the banners over the personal info part that tell you whether someone is online.
thriftyj*

Post by thriftyj* »

anko1 wrote:I like the banners over the personal info part that tell you whether someone is online.
...neat! too bad we can't equip some of the machines with breathalyzers to determine if the users are okay to be at the keyboard! :mrgreen: :wink: ...THAT would be really cool.
Folding for cures.
brityank

Post by brityank »

thriftyj* wrote:
anko1 wrote:I like the banners over the personal info part that tell you whether someone is online.
...neat! too bad we can't equip some of the machines with breathalyzers to determine if the users are okay to be at the keyboard! :mrgreen: :wink: ...THAT would be really cool.
I'm just grateful they haven't yet found a way to put an automagic camera pixel in to blast my underwear all over the web !! :eugeek: :mrgreen:
... ... Free Republic Folders - A Tribute to Ronald Reagan ... ...