save button anoying (more so for long posters)

Moderator: Site Moderators

leexgx
Hardware configuration: snip

save button anoying (more so for long posters)

Post by leexgx »

please remove the save button when replaying or making new threads

as pressing the back button wipes out what was on the old page if you Do not want to remove it put it as an Last option Not the first
(Preview submit save)

it should take as long as it takes to connect to the server and move 1 line of code from left to right
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: save button anoying (more so for long posters)

Post by uncle_fungus »

What browser are you using that loses the contents of textboxes when you press back? :roll:

A simpler solution, that requires me to do no code edits, is for you to press "no" when prompted to confirm the save. This dumps you back to the posting page with its contents intact.
codysluder

Post by codysluder »

Maybe it's obvious, but I missed it.

I hit save instead of post and then didn't know what to do. I tried Yes and then "back" and lost my post. Then I didn't know how to restore my backup. I eventually found it, but I still don't know what I did.

The option is new (at least to me) and I think a hint that No means return to the post with all the data still there and Yes means you can return to the post by clicking the following steps. . . .
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

The only operation that will cause your post contents to be lost (and this is a "feature" of IE) is pressing the back button.

Pressing "No" will take you back to the post page with everything as it was.
Pressing "Yes" will save the draft, which you can get back to from the "User Control Panel"

Rather than editing the template, how about I make a stick post somewhere that explains it?