Trivolve

Moderator: Site Moderators

empower

Trivolve

Post by empower »

Why is this users CPU count going through the roof, he is clearly borging and his processor count is increasing by around 1000 processors per day clearly the malicious activity i reported was not taken seriously and his actions have not been stopped.

I have tried pm and also another thread but he has not been stopped.

You need to stop this guy basically spreading F@H clients like a virus, especially since you have been informed of his activities.

Please do not think i am being aggressive or abusive - just questioning why this user's borg is still recieving and completing work - many innocent users still have this users client maliciously installed and are recieving work by the looks of things - surely it isn't hard to ban him and block all requests.
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Re: Trivolve

Post by Ivoshiee »

I haven't checked the points, but does they increase as well or have just stay the same?
kasson
Pande Group Member

Post by kasson »

I'm not in charge of such things, but complaints have been noted. If the findings are as you suggest, I believe some action may be taken shortly.
empower

Post by empower »

they are increasing as far as i can tell, i would expect that checking this users page you would see that they have been banned or something - i'm just the messenger here, i have no vested interest in this as i got rid of this maliciously installed client.

Stanford should be seen as pro-active as far as i'm concerned, shouldn't they?
John_Weatherman

Post by John_Weatherman »

According to EO stats Trivolve has 0 points and is ranked 691,018 (which puts him even behind me! :) ).
Edit - I see on Stanford's stats that he's on more then one team, team number 134888 Trivolve is the active one with more then 6,000 active CPUs registered.
Xilikon

Post by Xilikon »

Yes, he has been zeroed on one team but it seems the PG just removed 143,360 points from team 134888 and it still continue to accumulate. Maybe a error during the zeroing process ?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Or he returned WU that were already assigned before ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Post by Ivoshiee »

We'll have to wait a bit, but do not worry illegal activity will get awarded by 0 points.
John_Weatherman

Post by John_Weatherman »

Can these returned, and future returned, workunits be put into the "anonymous user" until the unsuspecting folding contributers remove the client?
Xilikon

Post by Xilikon »

John_Weatherman wrote:Can these returned, and future returned, workunits be put into the "anonymous user" until the unsuspecting folding contributers remove the client?
No, doing that would cause the Pandegroup to violate their own EULA :e?:
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Thank you for your vigilance. This issue has already been reported 3 days ago. http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5125 The issue is being dealt with using the established procedures.

No new work units will go out, and work completed after the report will be accepted. However, the points were already zeroed once, and any remaining work that is returned will also be zeroed shortly.

The matter is now between Pande Group and the end user. Thread closed.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.