Request for Sig Image Dimensions Increase

Moderator: Site Moderators

uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: Request for Sig Image Dimensions Increase

Post by uncle_fungus »

EvilAlchemist wrote:And I want to know why user "DocJonz" has a sig image that is 301 x 100 pixels ..

I am trying to do this the right way, so this makes me a little upset

This discussion has been going on for over a week now. Who needs to approve / dis-approve this request?
The reason DocJonz has an over-sized signature is due to an oversight on my part. At some point in the past I adjusted the signature image limit down to 60px to prevent gigantic images (which several people where using) and I thought I contacted everyone (with a massive image) to have them removed. Apparently some people were missed out.

I have no particular problem with the [H] style signatures, however I don't particularly agree with people having signatures that are generally larger than the content of their posts. If it were possible I'd set the signature option to be either an image or a limited number of lines of text (I can't do either with the current software).

I'm going to change the signature limit to a height of 82px, but keep in mind my reservations above.
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

EvilAlchemist wrote:
MtM wrote:It's not about the data, it's about the red H on the image
I have the [H] is my current signature now, so that will not change. I am proud of my team and what they do for this project.
And you have every right to be proud, that's not what I was saying. I was pointing out the team agnostic policy of this forum and having identifiable links to your team anywhere is conflicting imo. But that's just an opinion, and you're free to either ignore it or not :!:

Not looking for an argument please, I have problems with social interactions and maybe ( probably ) I'm coming across like I object to the current status but that's not my intended purpose with my post. I'm posting because like you, I had questions about the signature policy and it's implementation, even if yours was souly aimed at size of the signatures and mine was more broadly aimed at how to interpret the policy.
EvilAlchemist
Hardware configuration: 2 x X5550 Xeons - SuperMicro MBD-X8DAi-O
Server 2008 R2 x64 - 12GB Crucial DDR3 ECC Ram
PCP&C 910 Silencer - 1 x HIS 4850 ICEQ Turbo Edition

6 x E5530 Xeons (3 Systems) - SUPERMICRO MBD-X8DTL-i-O
Server 2008 RS x64 - 8GB DDR3 GSkill Non-ECC Ram
Seasonic 80+ Bronze 380w PSU

2 x E5504 - SUPERMICRO MBD-X8DTL-i-O
Server 2008 R2 x64 - 6GB DDR3 GSkill Non-ECC Ram
2.3 TB Raid 5 Array - Corsair 520 Power Supply

E5504 - EVGA X58 ATX Motherboard
Windows 7 x64 - 6GB DDR3 GSkill Non-ECC Ram
Seasonic 300 Power Supply

Intel X5550 CPU - EVGA X58 Micro ATX Motherboard
Windows 7 x64 - 3GB Corsair DDR3-1600
Corsair 550 Power Supply - ATI 4350

Dell Vostro 1500 Laptop - Intel T9300 C2D CPU
Windows 7 x64 - 4 GB DDR2-6400 - nVidia 8400m GS

Xeon 3075 C2D - Intel P35 Motherboard - 4GB DDR2 Non-ECC Ram
Server 2008 R2 x64- Seasonic 300 Power Supply

Post by EvilAlchemist »

uncle_fungus wrote:I'm going to change the signature limit to a height of 82px, but keep in mind my reservations above.
Many Thanks Andrew.

If for some reason, this change has a negative effect, or get abuse by other members, I 100% understand if changes need to be made in the future.

This thread can be closed if there is no further discussion.
Xilikon

Post by Xilikon »

Andrew, I totally agree with you. You could write a rule about having only a sig image or text, not both.

EA, I suggest you remove the text and link above the image so we abide by the spirit ;)
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

You might want to adjust the text colour for your sig. The contrast between dark grey and light grey leaves something to be desired ;)
Xilikon

Post by Xilikon »

I picked a lighter shade of grey and it's better :D
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Sorry, can't see any difference there. Still gaudy, and the double boxes for both personal and team info is way too damn wide, IMO. Should be limited to 82 x 164, IMO.

By comparison, DocJonz "oversized" 300 x 100 .sig box still covers less area, to the H box that is 574 x 82. Kinda kills that argument EvilAlchemist :?: :!:
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Xilikon

Post by Xilikon »

Well, the main purpose of the thread has been answered so can we leave personnal opinions aside and close if if you have nothing beside personnal preferences.
anandhanju

Post by anandhanju »

Kinda funny, cos I have sigs disabled and didn't know what everyone was talking about.
MstrBlstr

Post by MstrBlstr »

Xilikon wrote:Well, the main purpose of the thread has been answered so can we leave personnal opinions aside and close if if you have nothing beside personnal preferences.
I will say this once more, and it will be the last time that I "say" it.
I think we'll be the judge of that, thanks.
Now with that said, I will lock this thread. Not because of your comment, as there is no "we" involved here. If I chose to post a personal opinion, I certainly would. However, I choose not to. As, at this particular time, you would not like what I had to say.
-=MB=-