Is there a way to do this?

Moderator: Site Moderators

efishy

Is there a way to do this?

Post by efishy »

There are certainly new posts that I havent read and possibility dont want to read. Is there a way to reset these new posts every time I login? This feature was in the old FCF but apparently not in this new FCF.

I do not want to spend hours and hours clearing those posts that I havent read!
brityank

Re: Is there a way to do this?

Post by brityank »

efishy wrote:There are certainly new posts that I havent read and possibility dont want to read. Is there a way to reset these new posts every time I login? This feature was in the old FCF but apparently not in this new FCF.

I do not want to spend hours and hours clearing those posts that I havent read!
Right at the top of the Board index on the right side is a link: viewforum.php?f=3&mark=topics Mark Topics Read that resets all unread threads to read.

Cheers. :)
... ... Free Republic Folders - A Tribute to Ronald Reagan ... ...
bruce

Post by bruce »

brityank wrote:Right at the top of the Board index on the right side is a link: viewforum.php?f=3&mark=topics Mark Topics Read that resets all unread threads to read.
The same link exists on each forum or group of forums if you want to reset the unread flags more selectively -- For this post you can choose the Stats or server issues or the Issues with this forum, depending on which group of posts you want to reset.
efishy

Post by efishy »

Thank you brityank and bruce --

At first, I had to look around trying to figure out where the location is... But I found it and tried that. It works either via threads or entire forum.
brityank

Post by brityank »

efishy wrote:Thank you brityank and bruce --

At first, I had to look around trying to figure out where the location is... But I found it and tried that. It works either via threads or entire forum.
Just don't do it when you first get here. :mrgreen:
... ... Free Republic Folders - A Tribute to Ronald Reagan ... ...
anko1
Hardware configuration: Old Faithful CPU: Windows Graphical 5.03; Intel Pentium 4 Processor 540
(3.2GHz) HT;Windows XP
Big Red: Windows SMP Console 6.29; Windows GPU console 6.20r1; Intel Q9450 2.66G; ASUS P5Q 775 P45; [BFG 9800GTX+ old graphics card] NVidia GeForce 8800 GTX [as of 5/9/09]; Windows XP Pro SP3
Lenovo Think Pad: Windows 6.29 w/ SMP; Windows GPU Console 6.20r1 systray; Intel QX9300; NVIDIA Quadro FX-3700M; Windows XP Professional

Post by anko1 »

Sorry, I'm just missing it. How do you mark a thread as read? The only "mark read" button I can find is at the top of the forum, which I assume marks all threads in the forum as read.
MoneyGuyBK

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

In order to mark a particular thread as 'read' you must open up the thread and view all pages if more than one; and then exit.

The link that says "mark topics read" marks all the threads in a particular board as read.

So... there are your two choices.

Peace
T.E.A.M. “Together Everyone Accomplishes Miracles!”
OC, S. California ... God Bless All
anko1
Hardware configuration: Old Faithful CPU: Windows Graphical 5.03; Intel Pentium 4 Processor 540
(3.2GHz) HT;Windows XP
Big Red: Windows SMP Console 6.29; Windows GPU console 6.20r1; Intel Q9450 2.66G; ASUS P5Q 775 P45; [BFG 9800GTX+ old graphics card] NVidia GeForce 8800 GTX [as of 5/9/09]; Windows XP Pro SP3
Lenovo Think Pad: Windows 6.29 w/ SMP; Windows GPU Console 6.20r1 systray; Intel QX9300; NVIDIA Quadro FX-3700M; Windows XP Professional

Post by anko1 »

Thanks. I had been opening the threads in a new tab b/c sometimes my connection is slow to load or hangs up so it's quicker to just close the tab, but of course doing that doesn't let the forum know that you've read a particular thread, so I was hoping I'd missed a button a the top of the thread to indicate that the thread had been read.
anandhanju

Post by anandhanju »

To speed up page loading, you can try enabling the following options:

In your User Control Panel, go to Board Preferences-> Edit display options. You can now set "Display signatures" and "Display avatars" to No to stop them from being loaded
anko1
(3.2GHz) HT;Windows XP

Post by anko1 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it.