private message spam

Moderator: Site Moderators

ThunderRd

private message spam

Post by ThunderRd »

I didn't know we had a "folding forum dating" service...

Code: Select all

View messages: Inbox

Folder is 10% full (5 from 50 messages stored)
Reply to message

* Return to Inbox

* Delete message
    * Quote message

Hello Dear,

Sent at: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:30 pm
To: ThunderRd 
Hi dear,
Compliments of the day, How are you doing today also with your work? I am very happy to contact you and there is joy and gratitude in my heart am really intercepting and interested to know you which immigrate my boost of interest in you i got your contact from folding forum dating and decided to contact you, i would like to use this opportunity to tell you that i am looking for a friend who understand the true meaning of love,.it will be my pleasure for you to e-mail me missnin2u@yahoo.com so that we can know each other and shear our photo i will be happy to here from you soonest have a nice day.
From Nina dame?

nina

* Private message

Previous PMNext PMMove to folder:
bruce

Re: private message spam

Post by bruce »

This spam was sent to quite a few people via PM. We don't have any way to scan for those messages or to delete them, but nina was banned from the forum.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured out how to delete all those PMs to people who have not already deleted them.
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Re: private message spam

Post by MtM »

I forwarded that mail to some people when I got it, I'm actually glad you ( mod's ) don't have a way to prevent/scan for these messages I do like some feeling of privacy huh :lol

This was the first spam pm I got here, it's nowhere near as bad as my email account ;)