PS3 version 1.31 released [Feb 15th]

The PS3 client has been deprecated.

Moderators: nrimon, skumar, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

PS3 version 1.31 released [Feb 15th]

Postby nrimon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:16 pm

Hello,

Starting today a new version of Folding is available. This version is a minor fix to the previous 1.3 version and adds a better tuned algorithm that handles peak performance hours of Folding@home network, by acting differently to certain network errors if those occur.
It is recommended that you update to the new version by quitting the application and restarting it. Your current WU will not be damaged in any way, in-fact Folding will continue from the exact point you have stopped it.
Please also check the official Sony Folding site here: http://www.scei.co.jp/folding/en/update.html

We can already see a stabilized network activity for the last 5 days. With the new update we are certain that the network will continue to be stable for good.
At this point I would like to thank people again for being patient and continue to donate to our project while Stanford & Sony were working on the fix.

Thanks,
Noam
Sony Development Team
nrimon
Sony Development Team Member

Re: PS3 version 1.31 released [Feb 15th]

Postby Baowoulf » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:53 pm

The client seems to be running at version 1.2 speeds for me for some reason. With 1.3 it shaved off a few hours for me on most WU's but now it's back to 1.2 speeds with version 1.31.
Baowoulf

Re: PS3 version 1.31 released [Feb 15th]

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Baowoulf wrote:The client seems to be running at version 1.2 speeds for me for some reason. With 1.3 it shaved off a few hours for me on most WU's but now it's back to 1.2 speeds with version 1.31.

I doubt that a change in client version numbers would change the speed of the analysis. It might, however, change the speed of uploads and downloads. It's much more likely that you've been assigned a WU that contains a protein that needs more time to complete the analysis. Stanford has recently created some WUs containing larger blocks of calculations and they are assigned a correspondingly larger number of points per WU. You cannot compare the speed of one WU to the speed of another WU unless you consider both the project numbers and the numbers of points in each WU. Follow the link to the Project Summary and look up the project number that you're running.
bruce

Return to PlayStation3 client