A little trouble.

The PS3 client has been deprecated.

Moderators: skumar, nrimon, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

A little trouble.

Postby ./Cy4N1d3\. » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 pm

In the PS3 client, I was going to put my username in. I use it on my computer for folding. The name is "./Cy4N1d3\\." Notice the two \.

WHen I go to put this as my username, the PS3 clears it to "./Cy4N1d3." I have tried changing it to to "./Cy4N1d3\." but once again it removes the \. What is going on here, and how can I fix it? The PC version has no trouble with this , so it frustrates me.
./Cy4N1d3\.

Re: A little trouble.

Postby Jesse_V » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39 am

Non-alphanumeric characters in user names are not totally supported. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they generate weird behavior. Id recommend using the username without any slashes or periods on both your computer and ps3. That's really your only option, unless you want to make a totally different user for your ps3. Sorry about that though.
Pen tester at Cigital/Synopsys
Jesse_V

Postby 7im » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 am

Alpha numerica is supported. A few other characters are not specifically denied, but not supported. Sorry, it's a fah thing.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby ./Cy4N1d3\. » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Okay. Is there anyway to take my folding account and change the name on the few points i have accumulated?
./Cy4N1d3\.

Postby MtM » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:45 pm

main faq
How can I change my username (donor name)?

The simplest way to change your username is go to the configuration panel (right click in the graphical display or click on the sys tray icon). You can change your username at any time. However, old work units will remain credited to the old username.

Historically this has never been granted and for good reason, can you imagine the workload placed on them if we all asked for them to manually edit accounts all the time?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
MtM

Postby bdwilson » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Just make a PS3-exclusive login Cyanide. Don't forget what folding is really about to you. (I hope it isn't points) ;)
bdwilson

Return to PlayStation3 client