Ps3 shutting down but not set to do so

The PS3 client has been deprecated.

Moderators: skumar, nrimon, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Ps3 shutting down but not set to do so

Postby djh2600 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:49 am

A few nights ago I updated to PS3 system software 4.21 and ever since, it's been turning itself off during Folding, where I leave it overnight.

Folding settings are set to not turn off, and I just set Power Save (PS3 System) System Auto-off settings to be Off for category "Video/TV/Music/Photo". (It was previously set to 2 hours) It was already on Off (not set to a time) for Game/Other Features. I'll see if this fixes it and post back here later.

Anyone else been having any problems?

Re: Ps3 shutting down but not set to do so

Postby 7im » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello djh2600, welcome to the forum.

What system software version did you have previously? v4.20 did add those Power Save settings...

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/support/osDetail/278630

■ Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off], you can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other Features].

That's a nice feature people have been asking to get for quite a while.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby Hyperlife » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:43 pm

I had the same problem right after updating to 4.20. Setting both Video/TV/Music/Photo and Game/Other Features to Off solved it. It appears that the 2 hour setting for Video/TV/Music/Photo was causing the shutdowns.
Hyperlife

Postby pinklaw26 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Recently my PS3's (I have 3) is not shutting down, but set to do so. Called PSN & they said it is a Netflix issue since this is the only time my PS3s won't shut down. I called Netflix they overrode PSNs power save settings to help streamline. I never had a problem streamlining before. Not only is this going to wear down my consoles, electricity is wasted. Netflix rep stated their techs will not do anything unless a fair amount of people call and state they have an issue. I don't know why their techs would rather deal with a flood than a puddle. Here's the Netflix number 1-866-579-7172.
pinklaw26

Postby djh2600 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 am

Forgot to come back to this, but it's working fine after I did the thing I said I'd do in the OP. Thanks to Hyperlife for the validation too. :)
djh2600

Postby SomeStones » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:49 am

Thanks to all. I updated my PS3 after the latest server crisis and thought that it had finally gotten so hot it shut down. Cleaned it pretty well and then saw your messages. Fixed it right up.
SomeStones

Return to PlayStation3 client