Is it worth it to keep folding?

The PS3 client has been deprecated.

Moderators: skumar, nrimon, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Is it worth it to keep folding?

Postby JonazzDJ » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:14 pm

So the new update which disables FAH on the PS3 is out. I havent updated it yet and can continue folding just fine.

But I'm wondering, is it worth it to keep folding at this moment? Are my WU's contributing to the science or am I wasting my electricity?
JonazzDJ

Re: Is it worth it to keep folding?

Postby Stonecold » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:07 am

As long as WUs are being recieved by your client, processed, and sent back to the servers, then it's still contributing to FAH. No new WUs will be made for the PS3, but old ones that haven't been finished will still be sent out.
Stonecold

Postby djh2600 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:53 am

Is PS3 folding still working for anyone? Mine can't connect to server

Server stats show 3 servers that should be at full operation are down, and one server that should be up is okay. Search for "PS3" in your browser in the page below to limit to only PS3 servers. The you can hover over the blue info icon at the top of every column to help interpret that column's data.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/pybeta/serverstat.html

I'm curious as to if it's a temporary issue, or folding is done forever on PS3 as of now, and we can all update our firmware and move on.
djh2600

Postby Joe_H » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:17 am

Two of those 3 PS3 servers have been down for a while. The third is currently showing that it is back up and in "accepting" status. If you can download a WU and process it, the two servers are there for now. At some point it will stop, but no exact cutoff date was announced, just that it would end early November.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Return to PlayStation3 client