Moderators: skumar, nrimon, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: PS3 enhancement suggestions go here [new]

Postby punker_4_real » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:59 pm

more points? 300 points seems like a rip off
punker_4_real

Postby 7im » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Try 900+ PPD

Points per WU vary by the length of the work unit.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby trotskiii » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:50 am

what happened to the sound effects of the sea. ?
i use to fall asleep to that sound, an it never lasted long enough, always went off. as the globe turns id like the sea sounds back, an the folding sounds to cease after 5 mins or so.
still like the sounds of the WUs folding. but i liked the sea sounds as the globe turned. can you add an option for sound effects.
also. would be nice to see your own personal ps3 in a different colour. also team colours is a good idea. also would like to see better detail
on the globe, its a must have. possibley one day even going to satelite and street view google maps. that would be nice. :)
trotskiii

Postby Permafry_42 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:17 pm

As a person who leaves folding@home on all day and night long (when i'm not gaming of course), the automatic download feature recieved from getting playstation plus doesn't work if you are running folding@home. Please update it in order for it to do so.
Permafry_42

Postby Mindmatter » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:18 am

Not sure if this was mentioned yet. I think it would be cool to be able to monitor what the PS3 is doing with one of the folding monitors like HFM. All that we would need is the PS3 to create a read only network share for the F@H work unit files.
Mindmatter

Postby codysluder » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Mindmatter wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned yet. I think it would be cool to be able to monitor what the PS3 is doing with one of the folding monitors like HFM. All that we would need is the PS3 to create a read only network share for the F@H work unit files.

You're quite right, but Sony has never shared any files with others on the network and my impression is that they're not going to change that. The system provided by Sony probably has no network sharing capability, thus automatically making it safe from certain types of external attacks. (At least that's what I'd do if I were designing an OS for something that was only going to be used as a game console.)
codysluder

Postby Ornamental » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Is there any plans on updating the PS3 client installation guide?
It's just misleading now, and people might be put off from participarting due to the incorrect guide.
Ornamental

Postby 713 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:55 pm

When it just reads "Life With Playstation" people on my list constantly inquire as to what I'm doing in that program. If it could just list "FOLDING@HOME" as the now playing info listed next to each PS3 user on a friends list it would not only garner more attention for the project since 90% of ps3 users won't go into something called "Life with Playstation" or have an idea F@H is even in there.

Wonder if there's any improvements to the ps3 client coming out at all. The music player is plain awful and you can't even see when a ps3 user is running the f@h client when you're online. Not complicated ideas if anyone was actually working on it.

Postby hectanooga » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:49 am

If this has been posted before forgive me.

My Suggestion: Currently you can fold on a PS3 until you shut it down, until a set amount of time has passed, or until the current work unit is complete. I think it would be nice if you could also set it to run a certain number of WU's. This would help me avoid burning through several WU's and then stopping in the middle of one when the current time is up.
hectanooga

Postby StealthReborn-- » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Need an update with some of these features and new WU's! :) It's been too long! :P
StealthReborn--

Postby Aeri31820 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I would like to see integration of the Tversity media center and Integration of the media servers themselves. I do not see that yet. I would only like it because for me waiting on copying the music to my hard drive is pointless I have a vast computer network with 20 different computers and 5 servers for that reason. please and Thank you
Aeri31820

Postby bruce » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:24 am

Aeri31820 wrote:I would like to see integration of the Tversity media center and Integration of the media servers themselves. I do not see that yet. I would only like it because for me waiting on copying the music to my hard drive is pointless I have a vast computer network with 20 different computers and 5 servers for that reason. please and Thank you

This forum is strictly for the support of Folding@home on PS3's. To suggest things about other PS3 programs, please visit a site associated with those programs or Sony's site, itself.
bruce

Postby PS3-Music-Listener » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

I was without my PS3 for about a year, and I seem to remember that the music player when using F@H was more robust, allowing me to change tracks and such. I work from home many days and like to use the PS3 to fold and listen to music simultaneously. I can do that now, but I am forced to build a playlist every time I want to hear something specific or even to change tracks. Having the ability to pick from the music on my hard drive without being forced to exit and enter Life With Playstation would be preferred. If casual folders like myself are forced to take extra steps to do something, we're less likely to do it. Could be exciting if more than 1% of WUs came from PS3s. A better music player in F@H/LwP could help facilitate that.
PS3-Music-Listener

Postby CPD » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 am

I've been folding with my PS3 for a long time. Almost 2 units shy of 900 WU!!!

Anyways, this is my wish list for the PS3 folding@home client:
-In screensaver mode, I would like it to tell me how many WU I have completed so far without having resort to turning on my PS3 controller to deactivate the screensaver mode
-Also in screensaver mode, estimate time until completion
-Ability to zoom in further on the globe
-Some kind of marker (ex. bright green dot) to signify where you are in the world
-The ability to download more than 1 WU at a time (especially useful for when internet connection is not stable)
-Download the newest folding@home stats along with WU
-Date and time when the very first WU was started
-Date and time when last WU was being processed/initiated
-Night and daytime effect on globe
-Send invite to PS3 friends
-Notification of major milestones (etc. hit 1,000 units)
-Prompts when haven't folded for a "long time" (ex. prompt once a week or month) that pops up in the PS3 desktop or near the folding@home icon

Other:
-More general information about the folding@home project (ex. cancer project, etc.)

Most importantly, just a more efficient/faster/"powerful" folding@home client.

Looking forward to the updated version for the PS3 although it's been long overdue.
CPD

Postby bruce » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:08 am

Sorry, guys, but there's no evidence that Sony is paying any attention to this topic. I'm going to close it. If one of the guys from Sony wants to reopen it and offer any comments, they're welcome to do so.
bruce

Previous

Return to PlayStation3 client