New to folding! Hello!

A forum for discussing FAH-related hardware choices and info on actual products (not speculation).

Moderator: Site Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting.
cnb

Re: New to folding! Hello!

Post by cnb »

Regarding GTX 770 and possibility of two.

I am running an early ASUS MB running an old i7 940 CPU. I run two ASUS ATX 770 DirectCU II which I purchased about a month apart in early 2014. I OC the CPU, memory, and both GPUs--all air no water.

I found that my two GPUs have significantly different profiles. One is notably faster than the other. My biggest issue in tuning was to make sure I have a GPU tweak that would tune and remember parameters for the two devices individually. Over time I have been able to tune them so that they both operate reliably just below the performance at which they begin to fail.

I run 6 of the available 8 "CPU" for folding. I generally see no degradation in the user experience.

I also run another slow ATX card in a slow Dell off the shelf system. That was all of the slots and power available in that system.

The system with the two 770s runs F@H pretty much 24/7 365.

From January 2014 to today, I have been able to go from 300s point to more than 41,000,000. F@H says I am user 1827 of 1,752,412 at the moment.

Conclusion--770s were just before the knee in the cost curve when I bought them, and they are working well 1 year later.

Good luck.
Gooders
Hardware configuration: HP z600-dual 5650 xeons (6 cores-2.67 x2) , 32g ram, gtx780

Re: New to folding! Hello!

Post by Gooders »

CNB-intresting post...

what psu are you running for this system?