gpu + cpu super low ppd

A forum for discussing FAH-related hardware choices and info on actual products (not speculation).

Moderator: Site Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting.
Timbo85

gpu + cpu super low ppd

Post by Timbo85 »

i have a core i3-2100 and a gtx 560ti (both are super garbage, i realize), but they shouldn't be this low should they?
i remember folding with a gtx 460 about a year or so ago and it was way more than this..?

am i missing something?

apologies if this is in the wrong forum, btw
billford
Hardware configuration: Full Time:

2x NVidia GTX 980
1x NVidia GTX 780 Ti
2x 3GHz Core i5 PC (Linux)

Retired:

3.2GHz Core i5 PC (Linux)
3.2GHz Core i5 iMac
2.8GHz Core i5 iMac
2.16GHz Core 2 Duo iMac
2GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook
1.6GHz Core 2 Duo Acer laptop

Re: gpu + cpu super low ppd

Post by billford »

You don't explicitly say so, but there's an implication that this may be a new installation that is processing its first WUs. If that's the case you need to wait until progress has reached 5% or so before the predictions are in any way accurate.

If that's not the case then I don't know- you'd need to provide more information. especially the configuration data from the log.
Last edited by billford on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan_G

Post by Dan_G »

Speaking as someone else running "low-end" hardware, those numbers look right.

Best keep the machine on 24/7 and don't use "only fold when idle" to maximise your chances of meeting the timeout deadline and thus earning QRB points (assuming you are using a pass key, required for QRB).
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

Make sure NOT to use the latest driver ... More like 30x.xx or 31x.xx. Newer driver work better with newer cards. I had to take out my 660Ti from my main rig with two 780. The PPD for the 660 Ti tanked to meaningless.

What driver do you have ?
But also as billford said: let the frames getting more, the PPD and time to completion need some time to get properly calculated. Did it get better meanwhile ?

And regarding Dan_G's point of QRB: you need 10 WU successfully done before getting bonus points.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net