Just a Quick Question.

A forum for discussing FAH-related hardware choices and info on actual products (not speculation).

Moderator: Site Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting.
artoar_11
Hardware configuration: AMD R7 3700X @ 4.0 GHz; ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING; DDR4 2x8GB @ 3.0 GHz; GByte RTX 3060 Ti @ 1890 MHz; Fortron-550W 80+ bronze; Win10 Pro/64

Re: Just a Quick Question.

Post by artoar_11 »

What is your Nidia driver? Try the 327.23.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Anything newer than NV Driver version 327.23 runs at half speed, except for the GK110s, and newer.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Spud1200

Post by Spud1200 »

I've downloaded and installed the driver Ver. 327.23, do you know when I will get the PPD or the speed of the GPU increased, will it be when Windows Boots to the Desktop or when Folding is in progress. I've been playing around with clock speeds with MSI Afterburner and curious if and when I will see or know about a difference. How will I know that their is a difference in the power being processed on the GPU.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Aka folding runs at half speed. Only folding will show the difference, in PPD.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Spud1200

Post by Spud1200 »

I've been playing around with MSI Afterburner and managed to save 2 Minutes and thirty seconds. Potentially 5 hours with the overclock with regards to the TPF and PPD so I'll have a look at the QRB Bonus comparison when I get credited with the Score after its been submitted.

With the driver downgrade, and also in the next few weeks I'll hopefully be able to set a Minimum of Ten WU's submitted without failure.

Am I correct in thinking QRB (Quick Return Bonus) and also the acutall PPD (Points Per Day) along with 10 Successive WU's submitted, would be about the best I could achieve for Maximum return.

Thanks a lot.
davidcoton

Post by davidcoton »

I guess you are pretty much there, as long as the system is stable with that overclock -- if you see WUs failing, reduce the overclock!

You may want to post the top sections of your log, showing all the system stuff. Then we can possibly make suggestions for tweaking, although the default install is usually pretty much on the money.

I'm intrigued as to which version of the GT630 you actually got -- see Artoar_11's second post above. There is a big difference in the capabilities across the four models. It will be shown on the "Folding Slots" section of Advanced Control. There's not anything you can do to change it if it is one of the poorer models, though.