The GTX 750ti

A forum for discussing FAH-related hardware choices and info on actual products (not speculation).

Moderator: Site Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting.
everyman
Hardware configuration: Toshiba X205-SLi1 using nVidia CUDA drivers version 177.35

The GTX 750ti

Post by everyman »

My main video card is an MSI HD 7950, but it is about to go through an RMA due to a failed fan and a cooked memory controller. While it is down I was looking at my options for getting through the 4-8 week RMA process with my sanity reasonably intact. I wanted something cheap, because it was just going to be in main box for a short time. I also wanted something very low power and small because after I get my 7950 back I wanted to move the new card to my second box. It's an AMD socket AM1 APU on a m-ITX board with a 400W PSU running Mint Linux and just runs F@H. After spending a week doing research on cards I decided that a Nvidia GTX 750ti was what I needed. It's very small, only needs 68 watts, doesn't require 6 or 8 pin power connections, and costs less than $150 (US). FedEx delivered it yesterday so I installed it and started putting it through it's paces. It runs every game I have tried so far at 1920x1080, although I did have to lower the quality settings for a few of them. More importantly, while I slept last night it did a little over 40% of a Project 13001 (core17) WU with a TPF of 13 minutes 20 seconds and never got above 55C.

Nvidia, you have impressed me again. It only took 14 years.

E
"In Theory there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In Practice there is."
ChristianVirtual

Re: The GTX 750ti

Post by ChristianVirtual »

Yeah, the performance of new Maxwell chips is impressive; not so much the quality of the driver. We are still limited with WU able to use but those which are running are amazing. I have two 970 and blown away by efficiency in terms ok PPW/watts and lower temp.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net