FAH hardware usage statistics?

A forum for discussing FAH-related hardware choices and info on actual products (not speculation).

Moderator: Site Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting.
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

FAH hardware usage statistics?

Post by foldy »

Is there a FAH hardware usage statistics?
I mean e.g. how many AMD Tahiti GPUs are used in % of all GPUs and how many PPD they produce in % of all GPUs?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: FAH hardware usage statistics?

Post by toTOW »

As far as I know, there's nothing more detailed than this page : http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... pe=osstats

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
artoar_11
Hardware configuration: AMD R7 3700X @ 4.0 GHz; ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING; DDR4 2x8GB @ 3.0 GHz; GByte RTX 3060 Ti @ 1890 MHz; Fortron-550W 80+ bronze; Win10 Pro/64

Post by artoar_11 »

toTOW wrote:As far as I know, there's nothing more detailed than this page : http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... pe=osstats
I use another link and the table shows other information: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... e=osstats2 :?
_r2w_ben

Post by _r2w_ben »

artoar_11 wrote:
toTOW wrote:As far as I know, there's nothing more detailed than this page : http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... pe=osstats
I use another link and the table shows other information: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... e=osstats2 :?
osstats2 is linked from the Teams & Statistics. I would think it's the more accurate version.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

I didn't know this one ... it just splits NV GPUs in two categories : NV GPU is probably G8x/G9x/G20x and NV Fermi GPU are probably Fermi and newer GPUs models.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
foldy
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz

Post by foldy »

What's a little concerning: Although both pages osstats and osstats2 were updated today, the numbers do not match.
e.g. ATI GPU in osstats show 3114 Active CPUs while osstats2 shows 6207.
I believe osstats2 is more accurate...

There is also another page osstats3 which shows the history of April 2014.
Compared to osstats2 of today we have lost 75% of the Windows Clients but Linux Clients have trippled.
The old Nvidia GPUs mostly disappeared but current AMD and Nvidia GPUs count stayed the same.

I interpret this that more server machines running Linux are folding while the Windows gamer power users leaved folding.
Last edited by foldy on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

The osstats page was deprecated some time ago. Osstats2 is the current page and is based on the data collection changes adopted as part of the updated serverstats, project summary pages, and other related changes done then.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Post by bruce »

foldy wrote:Compared to osstats2 of today we have lost 75% of the Windows Clients but Linux Clients have tripled.
Hmmm.
Many GPU-centric Donors decide their CPU slot isn't worth it and at the very least, there are only (N-1) CPUs available which effectively shuts sown all Dual CPU or uniprocessor clients -- or moves them to Chrome.

I wonder how migrations from V7-CPU to Chrome/NaCl shows up in those statistics.
foldy
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz

Post by foldy »

@bruce: That's it. I myself only fold on GPUs because of the much times higher performance.
So the statistics only count a Windows or Linux client when it folds on a CPU?
We cannot see if GPU only folders use Windows or Linux?
bruce

Post by bruce »

When the V6 client was popular, folks would run both a CPU client and a GPU client, counting at two clients. When V7 combined that same function into two slots, Stanford should still count that as two clients, and I suppose they do (running two different WUs from two different projects).

My earlier question was whether when the NaCl client was released, did those count too or just V7slots + V6 clients.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

That stats page is do for another overhaul considering all the new platforms running now. But not a high priority.

And as noted, the FLOPs calc on that page was done with code running in 2013. One would hope the newer cores since then are more efficient.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

As suggested on Reddit: if PG makes the information available in a compressed CSV file I'm sure there will be two or three in the community happy to help with the data mining. We are here to help .... With the low priority stuff ...
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Publishing data hasn't typically been the issue. Taking time away from other higher priority issues to ensure proper collection of those stats from the current clients, and then coding how to collect from the new clients and new platforms is more the issue if I had to guess.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.