Questions about running on a cloud

A forum for discussing FAH-related hardware choices and info on actual products (not speculation).

Moderator: Site Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting.
Green

Questions about running on a cloud

Post by Green »

If I use cloud computing, and run a virtual machine on my computer that goes through the likes of amazon or google, will it stay running on the host side even if I disconnect my computer or restard my home computer, etc? Short and sweet, spread love not war! :eo :? :) :D :( :o 8-) :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :lol: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :biggrin: :egeek: :ewink: :e?: :eo :e( :e)
Very Respectfully
Ben D.C. Bruner
ChristianVirtual

Re: Questions about running on a cloud

Post by ChristianVirtual »

If you keep the folding process running as a service and not linked to your console it will just continue running. Just use the standard installer. Never had issues with it.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Questions about running on a cloud

Post by 7im »

You are not running a VM on your machine. You are running a VM on their cloud computers, with only a remote connection back to your PC. The cloud doesn't stop running when you disconnect.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.