MSI GTX 750 TI Afterburner

A forum for discussing FAH-related hardware choices and info on actual products (not speculation).

Moderator: Site Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting.
sebastianfaunes

MSI GTX 750 TI Afterburner

Post by sebastianfaunes »

Hello,

I'm setting up a rig that I'll also use for folding. It's an older DELL Optiplex 780, with an MSI (single slot width) GTX 750 TI Afterburner.

What should I do to optimize the GPU for folding? Are there any overclocking settings in Afterburner that I should use to increase performance.
I plan to leave it folding 24/7 and use the on-board graphics card for my display.
rwh202
Hardware configuration: 8x GTX 1080
3x GTX 1080 Ti
3x GTX 1060
Various other bits and pieces

Re: MSI GTX 750 TI Afterburner

Post by rwh202 »

I don't think this is the right forum for specific overclocking advice and personally I stay clear of it for the sake of stability, but there are a couple of settings that can be tweaked before you start manually changing clock speeds.

The first is increasing fan speed - this will keep the GPU cooler (but increase noise). GPU temperature is normally the primary factor limiting the speed to which it 'boosts' to.

The second is GPU power target - don't go mad here, and most GPUs have a cap on this, but 106% or so gives the GPU a bit more headroom to boost to the higher factory voltage/frequency bins.

Finally, installing a dedicated GPU normally disables the integrated graphics - you may need to change a BIOS setting to set the integrated as the primary graphics adapter to stop this happening. Also, you may need to have the dedicated GPU as primary for a while with monitor attached to install the drivers properly.