GPU2 expires, is there a new client? [Yes, download it now]

Questions and comments regarding the GPU2 client running on a nVidia GPU that supports CUDA.

Re: GPU2 expires, is there a new client? [Yes, download it now]

Postby Tom » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Fadamor wrote:I tried the -forcegpu nvidia_g80 flag on my Vista computer after removing the monitor and the desktop extension from the second card and it failed to work. After making the change, I got continuous "Unstable_Machine" aborts on the second card right after startup. Once I plugged the monitor back in and extended the desktop again, the client started working again.

Same thing here. Any ideas, my KVM switch is maxed out. :(
Tom

Re: GPU2 expires, is there a new client? [Yes, download it now]

Postby wysiwyg_bill » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Tom wrote:
Fadamor wrote:I tried the -forcegpu nvidia_g80 flag on my Vista computer after removing the monitor and the desktop extension from the second card and it failed to work. After making the change, I got continuous "Unstable_Machine" aborts on the second card right after startup. Once I plugged the monitor back in and extended the desktop again, the client started working again.

Same thing here. Any ideas, my KVM switch is maxed out. :(

Ditto for me I'm afraid. Vista Business 64 with 3x8800GTX, 177.35 driver, 6.20 systray client. 1.09 cores are in use.

I've been running with the desktop extended and all 3 cards active but the -forcegpu command line argument resulted in the above mentioned errors.
wysiwyg_bill

Previous

Return to Windows GPU2 (nVidia GPUs)