Multi GPU Does. Work.

Questions and comments regarding the GPU2 client running on a nVidia GPU that supports CUDA.

Multi GPU Does. Work.

Postby ravenhawk82 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:20 pm

Okay, WHY does the -gpu x flag no longer work? I type it in just like I typed it in for the older client, but I get an error that says I need to type in the EXACT SAME THING for it to work.
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-x86\Folding@home.exe" -gpu 1

After putting that in, I get this message
Any ideas how to fix this?
ravenhawk82

Re: Multi GPU Does. Not. Work.

Postby legoman666 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:38 pm

Your link with the new client (6.20) should look something like this:

"F:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Application Data\Folding@home-gpu\Folding@home-Win32-GPU.exe" -gpu 0 -verbosity 9
and the other:
"F:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Application Data\Folding@home-gpu2\Folding@home-Win32-GPU.exe" -gpu 1 -verbosity 9
legoman666

Postby uncle_fungus » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:46 pm

legoman666 wrote:Your link with the new client (6.20) should look something like this:

"F:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Application Data\Folding@home-gpu\Folding@home-Win32-GPU.exe" -gpu 0 -verbosity 9
and the other:
"F:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Application Data\Folding@home-gpu2\Folding@home-Win32-GPU.exe" -gpu 1 -verbosity 9

No it shouldn't. The client should always be in Program Files. The data files (work folder, core, core-related dlls) should be stored in %APPDATA%.

@ravenhawk82. It looks to me like you installed the regular CPU client, which cannot run on GPUs. That error message you're getting shouldn't contain -gpu as a valid option, that looks like a minor bit of incompetence on my part for not removing it. To download the GPU client, you need to use this page: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Postby legoman666 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm

uncle_fungus wrote:
legoman666 wrote:Your link with the new client (6.20) should look something like this:

and the other:

No it shouldn't. The client should always be in Program Files. The data files (work folder, core, core-related dlls) should be stored in %APPDATA%.

@ravenhawk82. It looks to me like you installed the regular CPU client, which cannot run on GPUs. That error message you're getting shouldn't contain -gpu as a valid option, that looks like a minor bit of incompetence on my part for not removing it. To download the GPU client, you need to use this page: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

The .zip I downloaded of the console version of the client contained a grand total of 4 files. 3 dll's and the exe. I extracted them all to the same folder on top of my old installs (F:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Application Data\Folding@home-gpu\), changed the shortcuts to the new .exe name and fired it up. The files in "F:\Program Files\Folding@home\GPU" were no longer needed.
legoman666

Postby uncle_fungus » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Yes, ok, but thats for the console version, ravenhawk is running the systray version.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Postby ravenhawk82 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:50 pm

:oops:
My bad. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks Uncle_Fungus :P
ravenhawk82

Re: Multi GPU Does. Work.

Postby Amaruk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:47 am

Just set up the systray client for 4 GPUs.

Posted it here. Second page. Good luck!

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3707
Amaruk

Return to Windows GPU2 (nVidia GPUs)