Sleeping...

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Sleeping...

Postby pafka » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 am

That's the output after I saw that line and restarted it manually:
FAHlog.txt

Just a few notes:
1. The executable is renamed to "test". That haven't been a problem since version 4 and frankly I don't think it is a problem now.
2. I can see similar output in other foldings ( on physically different machines ), but wouldn't copy those here. That would rather indicate that the problem is reproducible.
3. There is a cron job running for me that would clean the zombie processes up. And before someone asks - yes, I've assured ( and reassured ) myself a number of times that I wouldn't accidentally kill a live ( and running ) core.
4. The unit downloaded after deletion seems to be the same size ( and probably the same unit that caused the issue, probably inducing the same errors to reoccur ).
pafka

Re: Sleeping...

Postby toTOW » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:35 am

I'm afraid that B4 core might not be compatible with BSD ... I think it has already been reported somewhere on the forum.
Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.

FAH-Addict : latest news, tests and reviews about Folding@Home project.

toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: Sleeping...

Postby Hyperlife » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:48 pm

As I mentioned in another thread, the Protomol WUs work fine with FreeBSD 8 and the Fedora 10 Linux compatibility port.

What version of FreeBSD and Linux port are you using? What CPU and how much memory do you have?
Hyperlife

Return to Linux CPU V6 Client