Console Clients running slower than normal

This client will only use a single CPU

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Console Clients running slower than normal

Postby Phoenix_2.0 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi everyone,

First off, I've been folding on and off for a few years now running 2 instances of the Uniprocessor clients on my Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz (OC'd to 3Ghz). When I first started folding I was able to complete a WU every 4 or 5 days. Recently though it's been taking weeks to complete a WU, and the last two WU's I've missed the deadline completely.

I was hoping someone could shed some light as to why it's taking so long to complete the WU's.
Phoenix_2.0

Re: Console Clients running slower than normal

Postby Jesse_V » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Can you post your log? We might be able to use it to look at what projects you've worked on recently and what their time-per-frame is. Use code tags when you do so so the post isn't miles long. Thanks.
Pen tester at Cigital/Synopsys
Jesse_V

Re: Console Clients running slower than normal

Postby Phoenix_2.0 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Sorry for the late reply but my HDD decided to kick it this morning, so I had to go find another one. Needless to say I lost everything (maybe I should start backing up more than just the 'My Documents' folder) so I'll set up my clients again tonight, run them all day tomorrow and post the log in the evening (providing it'll still be useful).

*Edit*

Just had a look at my clients and they seem to back to normal now, only taking 20-30 mins per frame as apposed to the 2-3 hours per frame before I re-installed windows. I feel a little embarrassed now after you took the time to reply just for the problem to sort itself out. Maybe there was something in my last install of windows that was slowing it down. Thanks for the help anyway.
Phoenix_2.0

Return to Windows Classic V6.23 Client