100% complete, upload failed; submit zip of work folder?

This client will only use a single CPU

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

100% complete, upload failed; submit zip of work folder?

Postby brigj » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:24 am

I have a work folder that contains files from a completed job that is still within its submission timeframe. The normal submit process did not work, I moved this 'work' folder to another location, downloaded a different job and moved on. But is it possible to submit a zip file of this 'work' folder for the researcher's use? Thanks.
brigj

Re: 100% complete, upload failed; submit zip of work folder?

Postby codysluder » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:01 am

No.

Results must be returned to the server that issued the WU by the client that processed the WU.

The process is automated and although it sometimes fails, none of the scientists are going to waste their time managing an occasional WU by hand. It will be automatically reassigned when it expires and somebody else will complete it. Your passkey will get credited for one lost WU.

If this happens rarely, you'll have to just ignore it. If it happens frequently, ask for help or report a problem with a specific server.
codysluder

Postby 7im » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:04 am

The normal submit process is the only process available, and is designed with some redundancies. For example, the completed work unit will keep trying to upload every 6 hours while the client continues to fold on the next work unit. And for some work servers, there are backup collection servers that are able to accept the work unit if the main work server is offline.

To be of any further assitance, we would need to know which work unit, and server IP. Posting the fahlog contents is often the best way to show that info.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby brigj » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:00 pm

I wish I had the relevant log but it seems to have been shuttled into 'FAHlog-Prev.txt' and then clobbered by another copy of the log to Prev. It was bizarre. The computer had just finished the WU, the computer crashed, and when it came back up, the shortcut to the program was broken. It seems the '.exe' for folding had been removed. I put a copy of 'Folding@home.exe' from Nov 26, 2008 in its place and tried various ways to get the multi-day job to submit, but no dice. Oh well.
brigj

Return to Windows Classic V6.23 Client