CPU -Bonus not appying, after low usage

This client will only use a single CPU

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: CPU -Bonus not appying, after low usage

Postby bruce » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:46 pm

I don't know the details of F@H Spy so I'll ask a few "dumb" questions and maybe it can lead you toward finding a solution. I don't see an obvious reference to the project(s) that you've had trouble with. Were they SMP/GPU/Uni? Were they (default = fah)/advanced/beta? Are you asking about predicted points only, or about actual points officially awarded?

These answers are probably of more use to the F@H Spy support team than to me.
bruce

Postby new08 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:06 pm

No worries Bruce. The raw points were 135 - but are gaining 537 with bonus.
I don't think there's any support for F@H Spy- though I've used it for years now.
From the data below you can see that it's 100% only- it used to show around 2.8x depending on how long the PC was on , of course.
This highlighted if a unit was lagging or forgotten on restart etc. so quite useful.
As the GPU does so well at around 24K ppd I would rather put the power use in that direction.
Another reason I'm not desperate to do CPU work, apart from slow throughput, is that on shutdown the CPU work unit crashes and needs to be stopped before shutdown -to stop defaulting to standard loops on restart.
For info here's the data from Spy on the last unit referred to above.
[NB Once uploaded the data on PPD goes away]

Configuration: D Programs
Project number: 6897 (2690-0-23)
Work unit: Abeta42_dimer_control
WU size: 512.4 KB
WU result: ~ 1.5 MB
Credit: 135.00
Frames: 100
Core: GROMACS
Server IP: 171.67.108.52
PPH (points per hour):
PPD (points per day):
Avg time per step:
Bonus factor: 1.0000
Client.cfg: bigpackets=normal
Completed: 100%
FahSpy 2.0.1
new08

Postby bruce » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 pm

new08 wrote:Another reason I'm not desperate to do CPU work, apart from slow throughput, is that on shutdown the CPU work unit crashes and needs to be stopped before shutdown -to stop defaulting to standard loops on restart.

If you're talking about one of the SMP cores, the messages are incorrect and should be ignored. The only active FahCore that actually has standard loops in the code is FahCore_78. In either case, that can be fixed by either upgrading to V7 or by adding -forceasm to the V6 client. (Of course not using your CPU to fold is another solution.)
bruce

Previous

Return to Windows Classic V6.23 Client