Unitinfo.txt

Post here if you have issues with the Linux 5.0x client.

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Unitinfo.txt

Postby GothPanda » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm trying to write a script to figure out how much work I've gone through, to display a small progress bar on Conky, and I finally got it to read just the percent of progress from unitinfo.txt.

However, I want to start the FAH client through init.d, and I don't know where it would put the new unitinfo.txt. I also don't know how to run the client from outside of the folder it's in, or if I even should do that...

Thanks for any and all help.
GothPanda

Re: Unitinfo.txt

Postby Ivoshiee » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 pm

You should find almost all information at:
http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Running_the_FAH_client_on_Linux
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Re: Unitinfo.txt

Postby smoking2000 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:59 am

GothPanda wrote:I'm trying to write a script to figure out how much work I've gone through, to display a small progress bar on Conky, and I finally got it to read just the percent of progress from unitinfo.txt.

There is another article on the FAH Wiki regarding the unitinfo.txt:
http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Unitinfo.txt

It has an important comment for developers using the file:
The unitinfo.txt file is a simple text file with some information on the current work unit. It is created from the work/wuinfo_??.dat by the FAH client who parses the files the cores create in the work/ directory.

The unitinfo.txt is known to not be generated by some cores (because the cores don't generate a wuinfo_??.dat file or one with invalid content). The file is used by a lot of 3rd party client monitors, despite the fact that the content of the unitinfo.txt is not fully reliable. A more reliable source of information is the queue.dat file (and possibly the FAHlog.txt). The content of the queue.dat can be dumped with Dick Howells qd. Also, do not rely on the progress report. Some cores are known to report more than 100% progress and so does the unitinfo.txt file.
smoking2000

Return to Linux Uniprocessor Client v5.0x