If you are updating an existing (pre 6.20) service with this new client, you must remove the existing service first as the new service management code is incompatible with previous versions.
Windows Vista does not support installing the GPU client as a service, and if you try, the service will fail to start correctly.
The systray installer does not install a startup shortcut by default.
The viewer works, but may display incorrect information until the FahCores are updated.
- Added Forums to systray menu.
- Support cpu affinity by default, this is related to an nVidia problem
and awaits core-side changes.
- Add additional parameters field in advanced preferences - no more
- UNSTABLE_MACHINE count reset after a correctly finished WU, for
- Open configuration dialog box when invalid settings detected
- Fixed core launch directory which caused auto-upgrades to fail if core
was present in "Program Files"
- Added additional advanced config options to console clients
- Added MachineID selector in systray gui
- Client shows PRCG on results upload
- Passkey now validated for hex content
- Moved service installation to advanced config to prevent inadvertant use
- Log date and time when automatically attempting to upload results.
- Correctly restore system tray icon when shell (explorer.exe) crashes
- Significantly improved queueinfo
- Multiple copies of the client can no longer be started with the same
"start in" dir
- Automatically increase packet limit to max size for results that are
- Failed uploads will be attempted again using alternative upload port
(8080->80 and 80->8080)
- Removed spurious "benchmarking..." messages
- Added extra_parms support to console clients
- Extra parameters are validated at configuration and launch time.
Invalid settings will force reconfiguration
- Fixed and updated service installation to allow use of working directories
- Added ATI FireStream 9170 detection
- Compressed Vista icon to reduce size of executable (saves ~ 200kb)
- Updated MyFolding.html to match folding.stanford.edu style