Pause -> crash on resume

Moderators: mhouston, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Pause -> crash on resume

Postby bruce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:18 am

Informatio on the points system can be found on http://folding.stanford.edu. They're a reasonable way to measure how much you've contributed to FAH. A lot of people view FAH as a grand competition, both individually and in teams. As far as how Stanford treats the real value of the points, you can't even spend them to buy virtual beer ;) Some of the individual teams do come up with their own schemes as a way to increase their standing in the competition.

There are certain minimums to get a certificate but I don't remember what they are.
bruce

Postby BuleriaChk@aol.com » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Ok. Just FWIW, I've been running Version 7 (beta) 24/3 and with my i7 2600K overclocked to 4.46 Ghz, the cpu core temp is a bit warm, but less than 84C (from the forums, I understand that Sandybridge can run continuously at 90, but if it gets above 85, I'll cool down the overclocking. I have ordered a second Radeon HD 6979 for a crossfire implementation, now that the basic system seems to be running smoothly. The PS3 has been running two days now without issue.

Both laptops and my second midtower are running V6; V7 seems a lot better and more flexible; should I switch over? (This is a great project for me; after doing computer simulations for nuclear testing during SDI (among many other things), and programming the parking system for the Santa Barbara police force (SBPD) - my last job before retirement - I had been wondering what to do with the rest of my life.

But I'll leave the competition to the younger generation, and just pedal along as best I can.....:-)
"Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
http://www.flamencochuck.com
BuleriaChk@aol.com

Postby PantherX » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:36 pm

The choice to upgrade from v6 to V7 on your laptops and midtower is yours. Personally, I would recommend to do it and hopefully, it goes smoothy. If not, then we can improve it if possible.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Chrome Folding App (Beta) Ӂ Troubleshooting "Bad WUs" Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to ATI specific issues