Radeon pre-4999 Unsupported. (Very few WUs left)

Moderators: mhouston, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Radeon pre-4999 Unsupported. (Very few WUs left)

Postby De Berghut » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks Joe_H :)
Is it just my impression or does the amount of WU's available stay on 99 already for a very long time? :?:
Computers never do what you want them to, only what you tell them to do...
De Berghut

Postby bruce » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:17 pm

No, it's not always 99. In the second post of page three of this topic, GreyWhiskers posted data showing it at 56.

Each server has a number of WUs below which it stops issuing WUs. I don't know who establishes that number or how, but my best guess is that bad things happen if the server actually runs out.

The Assignment Server is supposed to poll all the servers periodically so it knows the information you see on Serverstat.html. Let's say that polling interval is 5 minutes. (I'm not sure what it really is.) What's the maximum number of WUs might be issued in that 5 minutes? Let's say that the threshold number is 100 and the server is issuing WUs at a rate of 6 per minute. The total number might go as low as 70 before the Assignment Server figured out that it was in danger of running out. Suppose there's a heavy demand on the server any time the AS discovers there are more than 100 WUs and Donors download WUs at a rate of 15 per minute. Then 70 of the 100 might be issued during that time interval. [All these numbers are strictly guesses -- not based on any real facts.]

In other words, the question is: how does the PG set the number so the server never runs completely out during that polling interval?
bruce

Postby Joe_H » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 pm

At least something is happening on that server, the third number for WUs wait is changing every so often. It was 790 yesterday when I posted, now it is down to 737. Perhaps you will eventually snag a WU.
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby Jesse_V » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 am

Last edited by Jesse_V on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pen tester at Cigital/Synopsys
Jesse_V

Previous

Return to ATI specific issues