5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Moderators: slegrand, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Postby divery4eyes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:15 pm

my alarm is going off . . .

today i noticed that the capacitors are cycling on and off.
gets a little bit annoying when the caps cycle like this

e2160@1.06ghz
2GB DDR2
160GB HDD
Palit 1GB GT240
350 watt power supply
over 30,000 werk units
"Everyone is in the same boat. Grab an oar, and paddle some WU's." -RAH

Still GPU folding with 8.2 teraflops
divery4eyes
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: off of I40 in Arkansas

Re: 5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Postby toTOW » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:04 pm

This behavior is expected on projects using FahCore 14 : a cycle between high and low load.
Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.

FAH-Addict : latest news, tests and reviews about Folding@Home project.

Image
User avatar
toTOW
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:38 am
Location: Bordeaux, France

Re: 5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Postby Arnette » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Are they making a super high pitched noise?

It's the voltage regulators. They arent digital like on ATI cards. I have a GTX 285 that folds 24/7. It seems to scream from time to time. I've just cranked up the fan to muffle it hehe.

I just tell people the card is happy to be folding. It's squealing like a pig in sh** :)
Our Folding@Home Teampage --> http://www.lbsfolding.info
User avatar
Arnette
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:30 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Postby divery4eyes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:27 pm

imagine an alarm going off while wearing earplugs
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep................................................
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep......................................................................
the time between cycles isnt the same though
divery4eyes
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: off of I40 in Arkansas

Re: 5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Postby tobor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 pm

toTOW wrote:This behavior is expected on projects using FahCore 14 : a cycle between high and low load.


This seems it is'nt very healthy for the graphics card. It's like turning a light on and off constantly :eo
I see the GPU usage going from 6% to 68% to 99% then back :e?:
Image
User avatar
tobor
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 pm
Location: Missouri,USA

Re: 5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Postby DonMarkoni » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:40 pm

tobor wrote:
toTOW wrote:This behavior is expected on projects using FahCore 14 : a cycle between high and low load.


This seems it is'nt very healthy for the graphics card. It's like turning a light on and off constantly :eo
I see the GPU usage going from 6% to 68% to 99% then back :e?:


Well, it's healthier then being constantly at 99-100% and GPU is a little bit more complicated then a light bulb. :wink:
Everyone who is folding should be aware of risks running their hardware 24/7 @ 100%
Rig: Rampage IV Extreme, i7-3930K @ 5GHz, AData 4x2GB @ 2400MHz 9-11-9-27-1T, GTX680 Lightning @ 1200/6000
User avatar
DonMarkoni
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:47 pm
Location: Belgrade,Serbia

Re: 5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Postby tobor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:18 pm

DonMarkoni wrote:
tobor wrote:
toTOW wrote:This behavior is expected on projects using FahCore 14 : a cycle between high and low load.


This seems it is'nt very healthy for the graphics card. It's like turning a light on and off constantly :eo
I see the GPU usage going from 6% to 68% to 99% then back :e?:


Well, it's healthier then being constantly at 99-100% and GPU is a little bit more complicated then a light bulb. :wink:
Everyone who is folding should be aware of risks running their hardware 24/7 @ 100%


Your kidding ,right? I thought a light bulb and a graphics card was pretty much the same.. :lol:
And if we were feally woried about our hardware,we probobly would'nt be running the gpu client in the first place.. :wink:
User avatar
tobor
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 pm
Location: Missouri,USA

Re: 5910 (Run 1, Clone 165, Gen 7)

Postby DonMarkoni » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 pm

tobor wrote:
DonMarkoni wrote:Well, it's healthier then being constantly at 99-100% and GPU is a little bit more complicated then a light bulb. :wink:
Everyone who is folding should be aware of risks running their hardware 24/7 @ 100%


Your kidding ,right? I thought a light bulb and a graphics card was pretty much the same.. :lol:
And if we were feally woried about our hardware,we probobly would'nt be running the gpu client in the first place.. :wink:


I was trying to make my gpu glow, but unsuccessfully... :lol:
User avatar
DonMarkoni
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:47 pm
Location: Belgrade,Serbia


Return to NVIDIA specific issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron