GT240 runs at 2D clock speeds - help

Moderators: slegrand, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: GT240 runs at 2D clock speeds - help

Postby Agu4 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm

bruce wrote:So are you also saying that the problem is associated with the sound support?

No, I was not saying that. I was explaining why I originally used the HDMI port. The monitor has it, it supports sound, I had a cable sitting in the drawer, and it left the DVI port free for the 2nd monitor. But ... The sound works but the speakers are not nearly as good as my 2.1 desktop speakers. The monitor does not go into power saver mode when the HDMI signal drops, it just displays an error message. The card throttled when I played movies on the HDMI monitor but not on the DVI one. So I re-cabled so the big monitor was on the DVI port and so far everything is fine.

I was not using the GT240's sound capability when the clock throttle was happening. The drivers were installed but it was not selected as the output device. I doubt that sound was an issue.

The interesting thing here is that the graphics card is behaving differently depending on which output connector I am using.
Agu4

Re: GT240 runs at 2D clock speeds - help

Postby Agu4 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Now I am unable to reproduce the HDMI vs DVI behavior. Maybe it was a fluke.

EVGA advised me to set the 2d/3d clock rates using their Precision tool, which I had already done, and to check the box that launches Precision at startup, which was not supposed to be necessary. I did that and for the last two days the GPU clocks have not slowed.
Agu4

Previous

Return to NVIDIA specific issues