Installation instructions for v6.41 GPU in Linux

Moderators: slegrand, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Installation instructions for v6.41 GPU in Linux

Postby Jesse_V » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 am

TheWolf wrote:BTW not sure what OS of linux your running but you shouldn't need wine to run v7 FAHclient in a terminal.
Just type "FAHclient" in terminal hit enter and it runs.

I can run V7 in Linux just fine. I actually installed it as a service (checked the auto-start checkbox during installation) and it runs just fine. But that's not what this thread is about. You need the guide I posted above if you have a GPU that's too old to support FahCore 17 but supports CUDA. For example, I have a GT 240m, which can run FAHBench but doesn't support a high enough version of OpenCL to run FahCore 17. Therefore, I can't do any GPU folding, unless I have take these steps and run the old v6 GPU client through Wine. This means that I can retain the ability to fold on all hardware while still running Linux Mint.
Jesse_V

Re: Installation instructions for v6.41 GPU in Linux

Postby Napoleon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:40 pm

Ran into a dead end with WINE + v7 + GPU. Mods, feel free to delete my earlier WINE + v7 posts in this topic as well. The v7 discussion can be continued in the dedicated WINE and v7 GPU folding - entirely impossible? topic if need be. Apologies for hijacking.
Win7 64bit, FAH v7, OC'd
2C/4T Atom330 3x667MHz - GT430 2x832.5MHz - ION iGPU 3x466.7MHz
NaCl - Core_15 - display
Napoleon

Previous

Return to unOfficial Linux GPU (WINE wrapper) (3rd party support)